Featured Image: The Tool Scout
Consider getting a complete set of tools rather than purchasing each item separately when you need new equipment. Not only will purchasing a set save you money over buying each item separately, but you’ll also get tools you may not have considered otherwise.
Below are the best cordless power tool combo kits for 2023, along with a buying guide. We hope you find this post helpful in choosing the perfect set for your needs.
- CIRCULAR SAW: This cordless circular saw contains plenty of features that will keep you cutting true. It has a side handle and rubber overmold to improve grip, even in slippery conditions
- P271 POWER DRILL: This 1/2 inch chuck drill / driver comes equipped with a magnetic tray for bits and fasteners, a 24 position adjustable clutch, and convenient tool-less bit changing
- P515 RECIPROCATING SAW: An anti-vibration handle, rubber overgrip, variable speed trigger, and easy blade removal latch are only some of the features that keep this tool at one of the top sawzalls in the DIY and professional market
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This kit includes two P102 batteris and one P118 charger. These batteries are compatible with over 50 tools in Ryobi’s One+ family. These tools are compatible with several Ryobi 18V batteries, including the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P1082 Batteries, Charger, Tool Bag, Drill, Circular Saw, Work Light, Reciprocating Saw
- STORAGE: Keep all of the items in this kit snugly together in the included wide-mouthed contractor’s bag. Its sturdy fabric will keep your tools protected while the cross-x stitching on the dual handles will allow you to lug this almost anywhere
- 4-TOOL KIT - Includes 20V Cordless Drill Driver Reciprocating Saw, Circular Saw and LED Spotlight. Includes two PWR CORE 20 2.0Ah Lithium Batteries and one 20V Charger.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DIY - Whether you're a beginning DIYer or a power tool pro this 4-tool combo kit has you covered for any job, big or small.
- LONGER RUN TIME & BATTERY LIFE - The PWR CORE 20 Lithium battery has an innovative temperature management system to keep the battery cool and powering on through your project.
- HIGH LOW SPEED CONTROL - Get more torque with the drill driver low speed setting, or get the job done fast with the high speed setting.
- More confident cuts - The saw line visor helps keep the cut straight.
- DCD771 in the cordless drill combo kit has a high speed transmission that delivers two speeds (0-450 & 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications
- DCF885 in the cordless tools combo kit offers 1-handed loading for its 1/4-inch hex chuck that accepts 1-inch bit tips
- DCS381 with keyless blade clamp as one of the essential construction tools allows for quick blade change without touching blade or reciprocating shaft.
- DCL040 is a bright flashlight to illuminate your work area with LED output of 110 lumens.
- DCE100 has Max Air Flow of 100CFM
- POWER: includes a powerful PS31 12V drill driver with up to 1,300 RPM and a PS41 12V impact driver with up to 2,600 RPM
- COMPACT: the lightweight design of the PS31 drill driver is ideal for easy handling in overhead operations and tight spaces and the PS41 impact driver offers the precision of variable speed, a light-body, and a short-head length
- CONTROL AND VISIBILITY: PS31 drill is easy to handle in tight, narrow spaces, and three integrated LED lights mounted around the head of the PS41 impact driver enable high performance in low-light settings
- DURABILITY: robust and compact with lightweight design, the drill impact driver combo kit is built to last and backed by a three year protection plan
- INCLUDES: PS31 12V Max 3/8 inch drill driver, PS41 12V Max impact driver, (2) 2.0Ah 12V Max lithium-ion batteries, 30 minute charger and soft carrying case
- Performance: high performance motors and impact mechanisms to power through jobs
- Ergonomic design: compact and convenient design to alleviate jobsite hassles
- Two high quality speakers with an equalizer feature
- Bluetooth compatibility to stream music from any smart device
- 3/8" Driver-Drill with 2-speeds (0-450 & 0-1,700 RPM) delivers up to 250 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- 3/8" Driver-Drill features a compact design at only 7-7/16" long and weighs only 2.8 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Impact Driver with variable speed (0-2,600 RPM & 0-2,400 IPM) delivers up to 970 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Professional quality 70-piece bit set
- Black oxide coating to resist corrosion
- Part of the black+decker 20V max* battery system and 2 batteries doubles the runtime for larger projects and less down time
- Drill / Driver features an 11 position clutch with a LED work light to illuminate the work surface
- 3X Cleaning system designed for multi-surface clean up, multi-debri pick up, and an anti-tangle brush bar
- Upto 75% better pick up on carpet (compared to BLACK+DECKER HCUA525JP)
Things To Consider When Buying Power Tool Combo Kits
Before purchasing a power tool set, make sure you understand the included equipment, power source, and other accessories to make sure you get one that meets your requirements.
Number of tools included
Some power tool sets come with just two tools, while others have up to ten. While having a set with a variety of cordless power tools is advantageous, it’s critical to match the supplied equipment to your intended use. If all you require is an electric screwdriver, circular saw, and reciprocating saw, search for a power tool set that includes just these instruments and as few extras as possible to save money.
There are two types of power tool sets: corded and cordless. Cordless sets provide more mobility as well as the ease of cross-tool compatibility. Cordless tool sets, on the other hand, have less power than corded tool sets and need more regular battery changes and charging.
Consider the extra features offered by each power tool set before making your decision. Some power tool sets, for example, come with an extra battery, a carrying bag, or a limited guarantee on the equipment.
Power Tool Combo Kits And Their Features
There are many factors to think about when purchasing a tool set. The kind of tools included in the set should be the main factor in deciding whether or not to buy it. If the power tools set contains a tool you know you’ll never use, skip it and look for a better-suited bundle. When looking for power tool sets, take the pricing in consideration as well. Purchasing a combined tool set allows you to save money on commonly used tools.
It’s also important to think about how the tools are powered. Some sets include at least one battery that may be shared among the tools, while others may include more or none at all. Before you can utilize your new tools, you’ll need to find and buy your own batteries. To recharge batteries, you’ll also need a fixed or wall adapter.
In the construction industry, for the ordinary homeowner and do-it-yourselfer, cordless tools are quickly displacing corded counterparts. In the perspective of many individuals, the convenience of cordless tools more than compensates for their higher price, allowing them to justify their purchase. When you need to do a quick task, cordless equipment makes it much simpler.
These cordless power tool combo kits include a number of items from the same brand that all use the same power supply. Typically, the kits include two batteries and a charger, allowing for continuous operation depending on the recharge speed of the batteries. Because these instruments all utilize lithium-ion batteries, a partly charged battery may be removed from the charger and used without danger of harm.
Why Buy Power Tool Combo Kits?
There are a few benefits to purchasing these kinds of packages rather than purchasing individual equipment. To begin with, the kits offer many tools at a cheaper cost than if you purchased them separately, saving you money in the long run. The fact that you’re purchasing all of your tools for the same battery system saves you money a second time. This saves money on batteries and charges, particularly as compared to owning a collection of tools from several manufacturers.
At least one drill and two saws are included in each package. Circular and reciprocating saws are used. While you won’t be able to cut curves like you can with a scroll saw, it will suffice for the majority of building jobs. A scroll saw, as well as other equipment, are included in some of the bigger kits.
When looking at kits like these, it’s easy to get carried away and decide you need everything. But, before you go out & buy anything, consider the tasks you undertake and the equipment you’ll need for them. Meanwhile, you may find that some of the kit’s additions are the ones you use the most. Many cordless tool makers are now producing smaller impact drivers, which are ideal for driving screws into a deck or other jobs that need more torque than a standard drill/driver. These kits also include work lights, which are always never enough in anyone’s toolbox.
When selecting a kit, take into account any cordless tools you already have. If you currently have some tools from a certain brand, adding more from that same manufacturer may provide you additional chargers and batteries for your tool collection. It’s worth buying consistently until there’s a compelling cause to switch brands.
Soft-sided cases are included in all of the packages for storing and transporting your tools. This is useful if you don’t have a lot of workshop space or simply want to take your tools to where you’re working on the project. These heavy-duty canvas bags are tough and won’t break under the weight of numerous instruments.
Finally, several manufacturers provide many combination kits. I’ve provided their finest cordless power tool combo kits for 2023 in this review, but you should check their sites to see if they have any smaller kits available.
The 4-tool combination kit, which includes a drill, impact driver, circular saw, and reciprocating saw, has become the cornerstone of most manufacturers’ “general contractor’s kit.” Before going on to more powerful drivers and tabletop saws, it covers the fundamentals of cutting, drilling, fastening, and demo work.
If you’re searching for a kit to help you repair a few items around the home or if you require tools for a DIY project, the P883 will be a wonderful companion. For domestic usage, the instruments are robust, user-friendly, and very dependable. Ryobi seems to be confident and proud of its goods, as shown by the 3-year limited guarantee.
The kit’s price point is the most notable feature, but it’s not the only one. Ryobi is a force to be reckoned with in the power tool industry because of the many features that each unit offers. It’s really impressive that such a low-cost kit comes with a 3-year limited guarantee.
Ryobi is renowned for creating kits that are affordable for everyone. DIYers and users seeking equipment for simple around-the-house repairs love them because of their low costs, but professional contractors aren’t so fond of them. Because of their cordless capabilities, they may not be the ideal on-site companions.
However, when you consider the price you’re paying against the torque and usefulness you’re receiving, you’ll definitely see that you’re ahead. The majority of Ryobi tools are made to last and are ergonomically designed. They should last you for many years if you take good care of them.