Featured Image: iMore
When you attempt to streamline your lifestyle, few things are as handy as a keypad door lock. No longer will you need to search for your keys from your bag or pocket or risk locking yourself from your house.
In an automated smart house, the best keyless door lock blends effortlessly with your design. You can program it to function via Bluetooth, connect with your security system, or unlock it via a WiFi-enabled app.
You do not need to be a locksmith to put in one of these best locks. A simple set of tools is what is needed to eliminate the old lockset and change it with a high-tech, high convenience remote door lock. You can go from a complex set of keys to a fast code entry in no time.
Nevertheless, keep in mind several important considerations as you go shopping for the best keyless door lock. This review explores those factors and check out several of the most fantastic types available for making entering your home easy and stress-free.
- Keyless entry for enhanced security, no keys to lose or forget
- Flex Lock feature allows you to switch between unlocked or automatic re locking with the turn of a button
- Keypad illuminates so you can see it at night. Backset- Universal latches and deadbolts fit 2-3/8 inch (60 millimeter) or 2-3/4 inch (70 millimeter) backset
- Codes easily added or deleted right at the keypad using the lock's unique 6 digit programming code. Includes 9 volt battery, a 6 digit programming code, and two 4 digit user codes preset at the factory
- Pair with a Z Wave smart home or security system like Samsung SmartThings or Ring Alarm to lock and unlock from anywhere
- Hands free voice control requires Z Wave smart home system and compatible voice assistant; Alexa device (sold separately)
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver; Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
- Use the finger print resistant touchscreen to share up to 30 access codes instead of keeping track of spare keys.Keying: 5-pin tumbler, C Keyway, 1 key included
- Includes 4 AA batteries with low battery indicator and backup key
- 3-IN-1 FLEXIBILITY: fingerprint + code + mechanical key
- ULTRALOQ ADVANCED FINGERPRINT TECHNOLOGY: Less than 0.5 second identification, Durable, waterproof and dustproof, Heal broken fingerprint lines, 95 fingerprints
- NUMERIC TOUCHSCREEN: User defined 4-8 digit codes, Antipeep password, Touch wakeup, 95 codes
- HIDDEN KEY: Positioned specially on the bottom, keyhole gives extra security in case of keyhole hackers
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: Up to 8,000 times access. Low battery alarm on OLED and smartphone app. THREE LOCKING MODES: Auto relock, privacy lockout and free passage.SOLID AND RESISTANT: The solid one-piece Zinc Alloy body is completely waterproof and dustproof. Ideal for both interior and exterior doors.EASY SETUP AND DIY INSTALLATION: No wiring. No drilling. Fit interior doors prepped with single bore hole and thickness between 1-3/8"~1-3/4". Reversible handle for both left-handed and right-handed doors.SMART LEVER LOCK WITH SINGLE LATCH: Not deadbolt. Optional deadbolt cover plate available for replacing existing deadbolts on exterior doors.Operating Temperature: Outside lock body: -31°F (-35°C) to 158°F (70°C); Inside lock body: 14°F (-10°C) to 131°F (55°C).INTUITIVE OLED DISPLAY: Use touchscreen to simply add or delete user on the device. An OLED screen with intuitive information will walk you through the whole process
- Highly compatible details: The Original Clicker Universal Wireless Keypad provides trusted keyless garage or gate access universal frequency recognition identifies over 90 percentage of all garage door openers installed in North America; The Original Clicker Universal Wireless Keypad by Chamberlain is intended for use with residential door openers manufactured after 1993 that use photoelectric sensors; Any garage door opener that does not have these sensors installed and working should be replaced; Code type compatibility: Billion code 390 MHz, Security+ 390 MHz, Security+ 315 MHz, Security+ 20, Linear MegaCode 318 MHz, Genie Intellicode 390 MHz and 315MHz, Stanley SecureCode 310 MHz
- Easy setup: Easy to follow wireless programming allows for setup in seconds and eliminates the need for electrical connections to the side of the garage opening
- Simply secure: Offers secure encryption to prevent hacking, and a backlit keypad illuminates the buttons for quick, keyless entry in any light via a personal 4 digit code, providing convenience, security and peace of mind
- Proven quality: The sliding cover has passed rigorous quality testing to ensure it protects the keypad from all weather conditions
- Note : For better connectivity user should check to confirm that adequate Wi-Fi signal is there in their garage before setting up. Box includes: 9V battery and instruction manual
- Fingerprint resistant Touchscreen
- Grade 2 Security Rating.Keyless convenience; no more keys to lose, hide, carry or forget
- 2 year battery life with 9Volt battery backup
- LED Down Lighting on the numbers and lever; Dedicated icons for low battery and programming mode
- Use with 1 3/8 inches to 1 3/4 inches door
- The SmartCode 955 electronic lever door lock has a robust metallic design for enhanced durability and security which includes a 3 year battery life.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.Note: Measure your door's backset, cross bore and thickness to ensure you find the right fit.
- This lever is BHMA commercial grade 2 certified and BHMA certified AAA, highest residential security, durability and finish
- Property managers have 3 different options for locking modes that can fit different applications including auto lock code or key required for entry each time, passage deadbolt stays unlocked, and disable passage mode; Auto locks every time and a key or user code is required for entry
- Customize up to 30 unique user codes for controlled access perfect for small businesses, utility rooms, public restrooms, interior garage doors, storage closets, and vacation rentals
- Our door lock comes with a 3 year electronics and lifetime mechanical and finish. Reversible lever for left-hand or right-hand doors
- Unlock your door without keys by entering your code on the lock's backlit keypad; Lock the door behind you by pressing any button or by enabling auto relock. Oil Rubbed Bronze US10BP
- Lock and unlock your door from anywhere by adding the lock to a compatible Z-Wave smart home or alarm system and app (i.e. Samsung SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, etc.). Requires compatible hub sold separately and app - no Yale app is used for this lock
- Replaces your existing deadbolt in minutes on standard doors, 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick with just a screwdriver. No additional holes needed. Mounting hardware and batteries included
- Comes with two physical keys for added peace of mind
- Works with Alexa via a compatible hub. Features may vary based on Z-Wave controller. Requires compatible system for smart features
Best Keyless Door Lock Buying Tips
There are many factors to consider when looking for the best keyless door lock for your house. Below are details you should focus on while you search for the proper lock.
Design: When it involves your keyless entry door lock, how it appears is definitely a deciding factor. You’ll need something which complements the appearance and feel of your home and is not an eyesore. Most of the keyless door locks on our checklist are available in various finishes, like bronze, silver, brass, and much more.
Lock Type: The proper lock depends on your present door setup. Do you have a deadbolt lock in your home? Is it a lelever-styleoor lock? Knowing this info is going to narrow down your search substantially. Not most electronic door locks are manufactured the same.
Technology: As you can see in the list above, keyless doorstep locks vary in the technology used. Some work through a straightforward keypad. Other locks for doors enable you to connect to popular services like Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and other technologies like Bluetooth and Z-Wave.
When you would like a WiFi-enabled electric door lock, verify to see if the lock calls for the purchase of extra equipment or not. If you currently run or even wish to use a smart home system, look for a keyless door lock that links your smart home equipment.
FAQs About Best Keyless Door Lock
If you still have several questions about the best keypad door locks, this section is perfect for you. It is a set of several of the most often asked questions regarding best door locks. Therefore, you might be able to find an answer to your question here.
What are ANSI/BHMA security ratings of the best keyless door lock?
The three ANSI/BHMA lock ratings are:
Grade 1: The most durable and the toughest, intended primarily for business settings.
Grade 2: The next toughest and most durable, typically employed in residential settings.
Grade 3: The lowest standard accepted by ANSI/BHMA, intended solely for residential settings.
If a lock features a Grade 3 rating, it is no indication that it is a low-quality lock. It should pass rigorous testing for a lock to get an ANSI/BHMA grade of any kind.
How can the best keyless door lock link to other products?
Many smart locks utilize downloadable apps to integrate with various other products. They link to your Wi-Fi, making it possible for you to add them in Routines, themes, and IFTTT programs.
Can my best keyless door lock be hacked?
Hacking is an obvious concern for any smart device, but it is usually a result of a low-quality password. Defend your house by making use of a unique, challenging password that might be hard for a hacker to figure.
What are the pros and cons of keyless door locks?
Each locking technique has its drawbacks and benefits. The drawback of key cards and metal keys is that they can be damaged or misplaced. With codes, the four digits may be confused, stolen, or forgotten. A benefit of electronic codes is that they can be changed fairly easily. In the situation of physical keys, the replacing process will need the expertise of a locksmith. A disadvantage of electronic systems is that the remote features can’t be utilized in the event of a power failure though they’ll continue to lock and unlock with battery power.
Our best choice is Kwikset 99550-003 Smart Code 955. This commercial grade lever is proven and tested to 500,000 cycles, and it is BHMA certified. It has the power and durability optimized for business applications, with the convenience of keyless entry. The SmartKey Security protects against advanced break in-techniques and enables you to rekey your lock in seconds. The SmartCode 955 the greatest residential security rating to help keep you secure and safe.
SmartCode 955 is ideal for vacation rental properties, small businesses, public restrooms, utility rooms, side doors, garage doors, and more.