A keyless gate lock and keyless deadbolts are improved locks that allow for greater control and safety when it comes to guarding your home. They come with remote access, security features, and a wide range of additional bonuses that can make you feel more comfortable about leaving your home for extended periods of time.
Like many pieces of smart technology, keyless deadbolts & gate locks come in a variety of options and styles. The following guide can familiarize you with the way smart locks work in general, and the different types of door locks you’ll be able to find when searching for your newest home upgrade.
Smart technology has greatly elevated the way we use appliances and security systems. Everything from faucets and shower drains to door knobs can now be equipped with smart features that make convenience and protection a whole lot easier.
Schlage Locks – Featuring Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and Camelot Style Handleset in Satin Nickel
What are “Smart” Door Locks?
Smart door locks are advanced pieces of door locking technology that are typically equipped with the ability for wireless or Bluetooth control. Since they come in so many different shapes and sizes; more details can help you decide which kind might work best for your situation.
Whether you’re looking for advanced Bluetooth connectivity, or you just want a little extra security when you go away at night, there’s a smart door lock that can fit your needs. Check out the featured items below to see the different types and styles of smart door locks you’ll find on the market today.
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt and Century Style Handleset
Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt
- Enter with an access code instead of fumbling for keys
- Easy to pair with your smartphone through Bluetooth Smart technology
- Easy to get started with Schlage Sense app
- Easily share access with trusted friends/family
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver
- Battery-operated no hardwiring required
- Backup key included
- Still accepts access codes on the touchscreen during home power outages
- The lock is easy to update through the Schlage Sense app
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential door attacks
- No need to buy a new lock when new features are released
- 3-year electronics warranty; limited lifetime mechanical and finish warranty
- Lock/unlock from anywhere on iPhone and Android smartphone with Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter**
- Certified Commercial Grade 2
- Graded Best in Residential Security, Durability, and Finish
**iPad/Apple TV/Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter must stay plugged into power at home, connected to Wi-Fi and in Bluetooth range (about 40 feet) from the lock to enable remote access.
Remote Control Lock
Remote control locks are various kinds of door locks that connect to your mobile device using Z-wave or Bluetooth technology. That way, you can check on the status of your home while you’re at work or vacation. The locks are built to give you a better peace of mind, and they have been highly recommended by customers and industry professionals alike.
One of the advantages of being able to control the locking system from your home is that you can not only keep the bad guys out, but you can help yourself get in. If you ever get locked out, you can grant yourself safe entry without the hassle of having to look for your keys. You can lock and unlock the device easily. It’s also useful for when you have a child that comes home from school early–even if you aren’t home, you can unlock the front door for them.
Schlage Z-Wave Connect Camelot Touchscreen Deadbolt with Built-In Alarm
- Durable Resistive Touchscreen with matte finish to protect your residential security deadbolt lock against fingerprints and smudges
- Anti-pick shield protects against lock tampering
- 100% pick-proof
- Built-in Alarm Technology senses movement of the door and allows this residential lock with alarm to alert homeowners with an audible alert
- Select between three touchscreen alarm door lock alerts: activity, tamper or forced entry alert
- Employs Z-Wave, a wireless technology that makes your house smarter, safer and far more convenient
- Connect with your home via computer, tablet or smartphone with the service provider of your choice and get the exact features* you want
- Works with Alexa via SmartThings, Wink or Iris
- Holds up to 30 user codes
- Easy installation with just a screwdriver- no wiring required
- Certified Commercial Grade 1
- Graded Best in Residential Security, Durability, and Finish
*Connectivity features dependent upon service provider
Gate Smart Lock
Gate Camera Smart Lock
The Gate Smart Lock is a highly popular kind of lock that utilizes camera-based technology to tell when it is safe to open the gate. In fact, it’s the only camera-equipped smart lock on the market today. You have the added protection of surveillance on a 24-hour basis so that you never miss a beat.
It’s currently being funded by Gate Labs in San Francisco, with the hopes that it will be on the rise in today’s smart lock markets. It has the ability to connect wirelessly, make emergency calls, and access a remote keypad in case extra actions need to be taken to grant or prevent entry. It’s an Arrow-certified design that gives you plenty of options – manual, digital, and mobile – for keeping your doors locked and your home completely secure.
Keep Unwanted Individuals Out, and Let Yourself Back In with Ease!
Smart locks are smart for a reason. Everybody wants to increase the amount of security and protection around their home, and with the advancement of smart technology, it’s easy to see why there are so many great options available.
Whether you need a deadbolt for your valuables safe-keeping or a keyless gate lock for your pool, you can take advantage of the variety of choices you have at your disposal. While some customers prefer the individuality of a fingerprint-based locking system, others enjoy the ability to access the locking system from a remote location. If you have a cell phone or a mobile device, you can see how easy it is to get connected to these important pieces of software.
And with new developments in place, you can add even more security with technology. Camera-based surveillance and door locking systems can come in handy when you want to look before you leap. It’s always a good idea to see who’s knocking before you decide to let them in.
Want to add some smart security measures to your door? Now you can, with plenty of easy and successful options.