Explore Ideas & Formulate Must Haves
Start your journey by exploring the internet for your likes, dislikes, and everything in between. Take a look through our project portfolio for ideas. You can also check out our idea books on Houzz.com. Our blog has many great articles on design trends and tips on hiring a contractor.
Get Specific About Your Project
What type of project are you looking to start? Is it a kitchen only or is it actually the kitchen and hardwood floors throughout the first floor? Getting specific about how you plan to use the space before the next step will help you get realistic with a budget before talking with a potential contractor.
Formulating a Budget
Use the must haves list you just created to understand what a realistic budget would be. There are great tools online to help with getting a general idea or remodeling costs. Check out the Cost vs Value Report and our Pricing Guide page.
Start researching sites like the Better Business Bureau, AngiesList.com, Houzz.com & Yelp.com to help in your search for the right design-build contractor. We wrote a blog article to help you research contractors using online review websites. It’s very helpful, so check it out.
Before Calling Us
We know that good communication is the number one way to achieve a successful project and happy customers, so from the first phone call we will be asking lots of questions to learn how we can serve you best. So to prepare for our first conversation, take a look below about what we will discuss.
During our first phone call, we’ll talk about your project including both your wants and needs. We will also talk about the type of contractor you’re looking to hire. We understand that we’re not always the right fit for everyone and each project. Let’s talk about it and find out together.
- This initial call will take 15-20 minutes
- Items we will discuss during our first phone call:
Your Key Information:
Where is your home located?
- We have a very specific area we serve because we want to make sure we can manage your project with a high level of customer service and attention. Take a look at our service area page to find out if we work in your area.
What project are you looking to complete?
- We want to make sure we are the right fit for you, so this question is an important one. For more information on how we run your project check out our FAQ page.
Why do you want to do this project?
- We love partnering with our clients to help make their home a place to make lasting memories. So tell us the deep reason on why you are ready to make such a significant investment in your home.
When are you looking to have the project completed?
- Do you have a deadline of when you are looking to complete your project? Whether it is a graduation party, or an expected new born, let us know if you have a date in mind so we can go over how long your project design, permits and build-out may take.
How much are you looking to invest?
- Setting the right budget is the most important part of any project. Without the numbers lining up, you’ll be wasting your time. Let’s talk about what you are looking to spend. If your budget is realistic, we can help come up with ideas that will provide the best value for your investment. Check out our pricing page for guidance in setting a realistic budget.
Some other questions we will ask:
- What year was your house built?
- How long do you plan to stay?
- Primary reason for the project?
- Are you planning to get a permit?
- Have you ever remodeled your home before? How was that experience?
- What is the number one thing you are looking for in a contractor?
- During your research for this project, are you talking with other contractors?
- How are you planning to determine who to work with?
At the end of our conversation together we will determine if it make sense to set up an appointment for the discovery meeting. If it doesn’t seem like we are the right fit for your project, we will try to refer you to another qualified contractor that can serve you better.