Let’s say you just got into woodworking as a hobby. You want to splurge on power tools, but let’s face it, your budget is tight and you’re not even sure if you’re going to have time every weekend for your new hobby so buying a very expensive tool is out of the question.
The question that’s been bugging you right now is which power tool should you buy if you want something versatile but still within your budget. Something that’s all-in-one.
The answer? The jigsaw.
Now, some woodworkers might howl at the prospect of the jigsaw upending the circular saw or the table saw as the king of woodworking power tools, but hear me out. What power tool combines the precision of a scroll saw and the power and sheer cutting power of a circular, table, or band saw? Not only is it versatile, but it also does not take too much space in your garage or workshop. You can even take it anywhere thanks to its compact design.
If you’re looking for the best jigsaws but you’re overwhelmed with all the choices (there’s just so many good jigsaws right now!), then don’t fret.
We’re here to breakdown everything about this crucial woodworking tool, from its history to the features you should look for when buying one. We’re also going to find the best jigsaws online so you can weigh your options.
- All metal lever action keyless blade
- Battery and charger sold separately. All metal key less shoe level
- 4 position orbital action
- Battery & charger sold separately
- Curve Control technology which allows you to adjust the saw's orbit in 1 of 4 customized settings
- 5 Amp variable-speed motor; up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power
- Can make 45 degree bevel cuts; with adjustable shoe for stability
- New and improved Wire Guard
- Dust blower
- 3 orbital settings
- Variable speed trigger (0-2,500 SPM)
- Tool-free blade release
- Dust Blower clears debris for better visability
- Part of the 20V Max System
- 【LED + Laser & Dust Extraction】Built-in laser guides your cutting line and LED light illuminates front area, ensuring increased visibility and precise cutting even in dim light; Clear sawdust by using the dust blower or connecting the dust port to a vacuum cleaner for clear sight of cutting line and neat working environment
- 【3000 SPM Power& 6 Speed Settings】6.7 Amp pure copper motor generates up to 3000 SPM cutting power, delivering more powerful and efficient cutting performance; 6-position variable speed allows you to control the speed and accuracy of cuts and to tackle a variety of applications and materials with greater finesse
- 【4-Position Orbital Action】0 to 3 customized orbital settings allows you to adapt the cutting motion to fit different type of cuts and materials; higher orbital setting for softer materials and faster cutting; lower orbital setting for harder materials and more precise cuts
- 【45°Bevel Cutting & Tool-free Blade Changing】Adjustable aluminum footplate enables the jig saw to make bevels up to 45° both to right and left for more versatile uses like tangent, beveling or curved cuts; Quick release chuck allows for quick and tool-free blade removal
- 【Switch Lock Design & More Accessories】Press the lock button on the handle when the trigger is on can keep the saw working without keeping pressing the trigger, reduce hand fatigue after long time work; Come with 1 x sturdy carry case, 1 x rip fence, 1 x Allen wrench, 1 dust exhaust pipe, 6 x replaceable blades
- 4 ORBITAL SETTINGS: The higher the setting, the faster you can cut into wood. These higher settings are ideal for making straight cuts into lumber, with lower settings for making curves or cutting into metal
- BUILT-IN DUST BLOWER: This feature on the tool will help you clear debris away from your work, giving you clear vision
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
- BLADE SAVING BASE: If your jigsaw blade is wearing out, you can drop the base of the tool to let you utilize the unused blades on your tool, improving the longevity of your accessories
- TRIGGER LOCK SYSTEM: Pull the trigger and press the button on the side of the unit. With this feature, you can focus all of your energy on controlling your cuts the way you want to
- Powerful 6.0 Amp motor
- Built-in laser guide for accurate straight cuts
- 4-position orbital cut control for fast or smooth cuts
- Variable speed trigger adjusts speed to cut
- Custom molded tool rest design to prevent blade from damaging material
- Makita built variable speed motor delivers 0 to 2, 600 strokes per minute for fast and efficient cutting
- 3 Orbital settings plus straight cutting for use in a wide range of materials
- "Tool less" Blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Large 2 finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability