From understanding the right questions to ask, to knowing exactly where to find a decent contractor, Bryan covers everything you need to learn about kitchen remodeling in this dynamic and informative construction podcast. Bryan Sebring joins the Kitchen Remodeling Made Easy podcast with a repertoire of helpful tips and important pieces of advice that you need to know.
Finding the right contractor for your kitchen remodeling project can be tricky, especially if you’ve been burned by unreliable folks before. Knowing the who, what, where, when, why, and hows of finding the perfect professional is the key to a successful renovation.
Construction Podcast Key Points:
#1 – The first thing you should do when looking for a contractor is to do research and more research.
Make sure you read reviews of the contractors online on websites such as Yelp, Houzz, Angie’s List, Google, and more. Really doing your research to determine what contractors are reliable and high-quality can make the difference between a great remodeling project and a renovation gone wrong. And know how to read the reviews. It’s okay if someone has a couple of negative views, but take a look at how they respond to it. Does the contractor apologize for or attend to the negative reviews? What good things do people like about them?
#2 – There are 5 important questions to ask: What, where, when, why, and how much?
Not only should you be asking these questions to your contractor, but they should be asking them to you as well. Establishing an understanding between the both of you is the best way to determine whether or not you’d be a good fit for the project you had in mind.
- What changes do you want to make to your home?
- Where are you located, and where in the house are you wanting the project done?
- When do you want to complete your renovation project?
- Why are you choosing to renovate now (are your kids moving out, do you need to increase the value of your home, etc.)?
- How much do you have to spend, and how much are you willing to spend? Knowing your budget can give you a great idea of what is available to you.
#3 – Don’t take risks – A savvy client is someone who doesn’t want to take a risk.
- This means that you have done all of your research to the biggest extent of your capabilities in order to get to know your contractor.
- Don’t go with someone who has very few or very negative reviews online.
- Don’t just go with who a neighbor recommends – really do your research to see if they are a right fit.
- Check multiple websites to see what others are saying about them.
- Remember the top 5 questions to ask before getting started on a project.
- And remember: If you don’t 100% trust someone, don’t hire them!
Important Notes from the Episode:
Selecting a Contractor for Your Kitchen Remodel – Bryan Sebring
[1:20] – Bryan
has been involved with kitchen remodeling projects in the Chicago suburb area since 1999.
[1:50] – Sebring Design Build, a remodeling firm, has been setting the standard for other design firms all across the country.
[2:04] – Sebring Design Build specializes in remodeling for kitchens, bathrooms, and basements.
[2:30] – Bryan loves to educate homeowners on the reality of investing in remodeling projects.