There are a plethora of power tools available for the modern builder. But what if, for some reason, you’re only allowed to own just one power tool? Chances are you would choose the circular saw.
The circular saw seems to be a very basic power tool because all it does is rip a workpiece apart and nothing else. But when it comes to sheer power, precision, and versatility, nothing comes close to the circular saw. The best circular saws can cut through anything from balsa to walnut to very dense ironwood (check out this video for an interesting comparison on the density of different types of wood).
It can cut straight lines and produce bevel cuts. It is primarily used to cut wood and metal, but swap the carbide-tipped blade with a heavy-duty diamond-tipped one so you can cut bricks, ceramics, concrete, and other hard materials.
We’ve assembled and reviewed some of the very best corded circular saws to give you a head start if you’re shopping for a replacement for your broken tool or if you’re looking for a gift for a family member or a friend.
We’re also going to break down the different circular saw sizes, and the features you should consider when shopping for one.
- Powerful 15-amp motor delivers 5,300-RPM for greater speed and faster cuts
- 7-1/4-inch carbide-tipped blade included. Spindle lock for easy blade changes.
- 51 degree bevel capacity for a wide variety of cuts. Arbor size: 5/8 inches, cord length: 6 feet
- Lightweight 6.95-pounds design reduces fatigue
- Dust blower keeps line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility. Anti-snag lower guard reduces snags when making narrow cut-offs
- Imported from: China
- POWER TOOLS
- Commercial Brand: DEWALT
- Lightweight and compact 8.8-Pound
- Electric Brake
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 4,500 RPM with compressed winding technology to keep the overall size more compact yet deliver jobsite durability
- Magnesium components create a lightweight saw (13.2 pounds) that is well balanced and jobsite tough
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but never in the way
- High quality, heat treated hypoid steel gears do not prematurely wear like traditional bronze-alloy worm drive gears
- Oil bath technology is created with a built-in fan and sealed gear housing to ensure 100% oil surface coating for less maintenance
- Powerful 15-amp motor for fast, smooth cuts
- Adjustable bevel and depth levers for a variety of cut angles
- Unobstructed cut line visibility for precision accuracy
- High strength composite footplate for safety and durability
- On-tool wrench storage for fast and easy blade changes
- High performance motor runs at 5, 500 RPM's for aggressive fast cutting
- 71/4inches 18T Carbide tipped blade with up to 21/8inches Capacity for 2x material
- Tool-free BEVELING shoe pivots up to 55 deg. For angled cuts with detents at 22.5 and 45 Degree for ease of use
- Magnesium shoe for durability and reduced weight
- Metal upper and lower guard for added durability
- Power Tools and Accessories
- Country of manufacture: China
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
- 15-amp, 5,800 rpm, and 3-1/4-horsepower motor with spindle lock and quick-lock cord
- Locking, tilting main handle adjusts for comfort