Featured Image: The Wirecutter
Leaf blowers went cordless several years back. Sure, you can find the tried and tested gas engine versions, but rural homeowners are getting aboard with the benefits this particular device has when batteries run it. One is they are much quieter. Second, there is simply no starting strain. Plug in the battery, press the start button, and you are moving leaves.
We collected a group of promising cordless leaf blowers to gauge their strength, weight, controls, balance, and comfort. The outcomes of our assessment left us with the seven that you see below. In case you are prepared to tidy up your yard, here are the best leaf blowers in the market today.
- Turbo Button delivers a staggering 650 CFM.Weather-resistant constructionErgonomic design for superb balance and user comfortPower source type: Battery PoweredOver 90 minutes of run time: 15 minutes on Turbo; 200 minutes on low with 5.0Ah BatteryTurbo Button delivers a staggering 650 CFM. Variable-speed control dial delivers 225-500 CFM
- Variable-speed control dial delivers 225-500 CFM
- Over 90 minutes of run time: 15 minutes on Turbo; 200 minutes on low with 5.0Ah Battery
- Flat and tapered nozzle attachments included
- Brushless Motor
- 🍃【No Cords, No Limitation】KIMO battery operated leaf blower will make your cleaning tasks easier and faster. Without maintenance headaches of gasoline blowers, without the restrictions of working spaces of the corded blowers. It only takes 60 minutes (2 times as fast as normal) for a full charge. And the power indicator ensures you know the battery level at any time ( battery and charger are included).
- 🍃【Powerful Copper Motor with Turbine Tech】Need't to endure the most tedious chore of raking up the yard's endless leaf blankets. KIMO electric leaf blower helps you do your work quicker. KIMO battery leaf blower has a longer-lasting life, and lower energy consumption than ordinary motors, providing up to 20000 r/min and 150 CFM strong power. Keep running for 20 minutes. In only 2 minutes, you can clean up your front porch.
- 🍃【2-in-1 Sweeper & Vacuum】Buy a KIMO leaf blower vacuum, you can get a cordless leaf blower and a vacuum cleaner meanwhile! Connect the blow tube to the air inlet, then it will turn into a leaf vacuum. Allowing you to collect light yard debris, such as leaves and twigs. They are extremely useful all year round from gathering grass clippings in the spring to cleaning snow off the car and walkway in the winter. You will be excited about the versatility of this small leaf blower!
- 🍃【50% Less Noise & Variable-Speed】The cordless leaf blower with battery and charger without the loud noise that comes from a gas-powered engine. Your neighbors won't hear any noise even if you clean your lovely lawn on a quiet night. Besides, the speed of the KIMO leaf blower will increase as you press harder. You can change the speed according to your needs from 0-20000RPM.
- 🍃【Quick Assembly And Lightweight】Insert the battery and the tube, then press the button of the battery powered leaf blower to make it work within 3 seconds. Its upgraded extension tube is more convenient to blowing without bending down, people of all heights can find a comfortable use experience. Weights only 1.76 lb, it is super convenient to take anywhere you want.
- 40V COMBO KIT – This string trimmer / blower combo kit allows you to keep your walkways and driveway clear of overgrown grass and weeds, enhancing your curb appeal
- 12” STRING TRIMMER – Powers through the toughest grass and weeds. 12” cutting path, .065” line, auto feed head for quick and easy line advancement
- LEAF BLOWER – Provides powerful clearing performance featuring 390 CFM air flow and 110 MPH air speed. Variable speed trigger with cruise control provides controlled airflow when it’s needed most
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Ultra lightweight design, along with superior ergonomics allow for reduced user fatigue
- EASY TO USE – Push button start. Included 2.0Ah battery recharges in 60 minutes
- Tool only, Battery sold separately.Applications : Tuck pointing cleaning joints, Clearing debris from the ground or overhead, Clearing work areaIncludes : (3) Nozzle attachments
- 3-speed variable speed switch of the cordless blower provides control and versatility
- Variable speed trigger allows adjustment of blowing power during use
- Trigger lock-on reduces end user fatigue
- Lightweight compact design allows use in space restricted areas. Battery sold separately
- Delivers up to 28 minutes of run time at mid-speed (15,800 RPM) using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 120 MPH air velocity and 473 CFM of air volume
- Sound pressure rating of 61 dB(A); measured per ANSI B 175.2 standard
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- 6-stage air velocity/volume selection dial with variable speed control trigger
Choosing The Best Cordless Leaf Blower
All the leaf blowers above will deal with pavement sweeping and a scattering of light leaves. For damp leaves and ankle-deep piles, or to move lawn debris like nuts and twigs, choose one with increased air speed and voltage. For something much deeper, or perhaps if you are regularly contending with damp leaves, prioritize higher volume (cubic feet per minute) and air speed.
Several of these products can go through several electric batteries in a morning’s work, depending on the dimensions of your property and the leaf cover. Outfit yourself with two batteries and possibly think about a third for challenging conditions. But in case your home measures in acres rather than square feet, you might be much better served by a gas engine machine.
Leaf blowers make cleaning up your property an easy process, but these versatile devices may also be applied to clean up workshops, keep sidewalks, and more. When you wish to have the ability to work with your leaf blower wherever, you will want to choose a cordless design, which runs on battery power, saving you the headache of dragging close to an extension cable.
When searching for a cordless leaf blower, there are some main elements to have in your mind. To start, you will wish to think about the device’s cubic feet per minute or CFM, which tells you the amount of air that comes from a leaf blower’s tubing. A greater CFM value means more clearing power. Additionally, make sure to check out how long the battery lasts per charge and find out if a battery is provided together with the leaf blower, as a few devices have their batteries sold individually.
Additional Factors To Search For In A Cordless Leaf Blower
Cordless leaf blowers are run by electricity or gas. Electric blowers tend to weigh less and generate less air and noise pollution, though they can overheat and typically are not as effective. Gas-powered items, on the other hand, carry a punch with regard to strength. However, gas emissions can lead to smells, and their maintenance is a bit more complex.
When thinking of how effective a leaf blower you need to have, consider the actual size of your property. If you’ve got a large area with lots of trees, you will need a high-powered unit with a high CFM ranking—what this means is you will have the ability to move debris and leaves faster and more effectively.
Some leaf blowers have just one speed—which may work if you’ve got a little property and are generally clearing away dried-up leaves. Nevertheless, if you wish to utilize your leaf blower for harder tasks, you are much better off getting a variable speed blower you can adjust as needed.
FAQs About Cordless Leaf Blowers
Are you still wondering why a battery-powered leaf blower is such an appealing yard work option? Continue reading for answers to the most often asked questions about these devices. When you do not find the information you will need below, reach out to the makers for particular questions.
Which is better—battery or gas leaf blower?
This will depend on your property size and work style. Gas-powered leaf blowers will run for quite some time before draining a gas tank, though they are obnoxious and demand considerable maintenance. Battery-powered options are cleaner, quieter, and lighter, but batteries are pricey, and many cannot equal the strength of gas blowers.
What would you do with the leaves after a leaf blowing?
Consult your community’s garbage service. Many areas want to place the leaves in a biodegradable bag because the city uses them for compost. You can also have your own garden mulch using these leaves. Try this process: Fill a clean garbage can with leaves. Then make use of a string trimmer to cut the leaves to a finer size. Spread your new leaf mulch over elevated garden beds.
What’s the runtime of batteries for cordless leaf blowers?
Expect a new battery to last between approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Batteries with more amp hours usually last longer.
If you’re looking for an affordable yet powerful leaf blower, then you can’t go wrong with Ryobi 125 MPH 550 CFM 40-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Jet Fan Leaf Blower. It is the best leaf blower in this set. It is extremely quiet, even for a cordless blower. The adjustable handle enables excellent ergonomics and minimal wrist strain, which is excellent since the Ryobi is on the heavier side. The controls are not as polished (it doesn’t have a lock-on switch), but its run time is still better than most. At around $200 (in the single battery configuration), the Ryobi is one of the most affordable cordless blowers we have used. I believe it gives an excellent value when compared to the competitors. Ryobi’s line of lawn equipment is pretty solid, so we definitely recommend this brand!
Other Great Articles to Read:
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.