Featured Image: TechandMachine
Whether your property is small or large, minimally landscaped, or loaded with flower beds, one of the simplest ways to keep it looking sharp is investing in a quality electric edger to tame unmanageable edges. With many precisely calibrated edgers offered in the market, selecting the proper tool for your budget and needs could be challenging. Below, see our best recommendations and tips, in addition to our roundup of favorite electric edgers.
- Model Number:P2660
- A powerful 20 volt max lithium Ion battery delivers power and extended run time
- 22 inches dual action blade to ensures less vibration while trimming
- Cuts branches up to 3/4 inches diameter
- Ergonomic grips and low vibration help you work longer and complete the job
- Part of the 20 volt max system, Cutting Strokes/Min: 2400
- Product is manufacture in China
- 3 yr. on material and workmanship
- This product meets customer requirement
- POWERFUL MOTOR – Up to 60 minutes of runtime.
- POWERDRIVE TRANSMISSION – Provides increased torque for greater cutting power.
- 24 IN. DUAL-ACTION BLADE – Offers less vibration for cutting branches up to 3/4 in. thick. Easily trim hedges, shrubs, and bushes.
- WRAPAROUND HANDLE AND FULL-LENGTH TRIGGER – Provide a comfortable, secure grip in any orientation.
- INCLUDES – (1) LHT2436 cordless hedge trimmer, instructions. (Battery not included.)
- [VERSATILE]: Best used for small gardens, hedge grooming and areas your mower cannot reach
- [2 TOOLS IN 1]: Convert from grass shear to hedger quickly and easily. Blade Length (inch.) - 4(Shear) | 6(Hedger)
- [BATTERY LIFE]: Rechargeable, 7.2 V lithium-ion battery for hassle-free, cordless operation (battery charger included)
- [LIGHTWEIGHT]: Durable and lightweight design (Only 2.5 lbs.) with ergonomic handle for easy control and handling
- 25-1/2” dual action double-sided shear blade for increased cutting capacity
- Makita-built motor delivers up to 3,600 SPM for faster cutting
- 6 speed dial (0 - 3,600 SPM) allows the user to match the speed to the application
- Two 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT platform
- 5-position rotating rear handle for increased comfort during vertical and angle trimming
- 24in. dual-action, hardened steel reciprocating blades
- 3/4 inch cut capacity
- Up to a 1 hour run time with included battery
- Weather-resistant construction
- Electronic brake stops blade action quickly for improved control
Why Do You Need A Cordless Electric Hedge Trimmer
Unlike their alternatives (corded), these trimmers are easy to operate, lightweight, and portable. Selecting a unit that is worthy of investing can be frustrating.
To help you out, we’ve come up with two primary factors that you should consider above anything else.
Generally, the battery power voltage of cordless hedge trimmers ranges somewhere between 20 to 60 volts. A powerful and efficient trimmer will mean higher voltage. You can pick according to your trimming requirements.
You may require a 24-inch blade for trimming in bigger hedges, whereas for small bushes, 16 inches blade size is enough. Thus, you can decide according to your trimming requirements.
Aside from these key factors, you can find other things to consider in our Buying Guide. Be sure to check it also to have an informed decision.
We’ve also spent many hours testing, analyzing, and researching several models offered in the market. Among them, we’ve got the seven best cordless hedge trimmers.
The best cordless battery hedge trimmer is going to give your hedge a professional finish with the least effort. To help make it onto our “best of” checklist, a hedge trimmer must be very easy to operate, reasonably light, and work on thicker branches if needed.
Our checklist brings the very best cordless hedge trimmers available, each battery operated and cordless for convenience. Each product has a detailed explanation and specs, including battery life (so you understand just how long you’ve got for each chop) and weight (so you can restrict the chance of arm ache within the process).
How To Buy The Best Electric Hedge Trimmer
Unlike their tethered cousins, battery hedge trimmers do not endure the key drawback that sometimes makes landscapers use petrol: that’s to say, you can roam in many different places with them without needing to drape many extension cords across the yard, neither would you run the danger of unintentionally cutting the cable—believe us, it happens!
The primary decisions you’ve got regarding purchasing a cordless hedge trimmer are between several blade measures and between petrol or electric trimmers; although blade lengths are rather self-explanatory, there are several differences that will need teasing out between the two power types before you purchase.
Weight Versus Power
Cordless hedge trimmers can also be lighter and are usually less expensive compared to petrol hedge trimmers, and also, with the creation of the 36V battery, they are getting to be comparatively efficient too.
The best cordless models must reliably provide you with between 40 minutes and one hour of electric battery charge, and let’s face it: trimming a hedge for more than one hour will most likely tire you out there (and get your neighbors mad). Thus, a cordless hedge trimmer ought to be absolutely okay for all but the most extensive gardens.
Not sure if cordless is perfect for you? Check our choice of the best hedge trimmers out there!
Maintenance Tips For Electric Hedge Trimmer
Do hedge trimmers require sharpening? Your hedge trimmer will certainly do a greater job and go longer in case you hone it regularly. You will need a whetstone and a flat file (for getting in between the blades). You need to clear then moisten the blades before taking the whetstone for them.
Do hedge trimmers require oiling? Once again, although not vital, oiling your hedge trimmers will extend their lifespan. WD-40 used with a cloth, or even brush will do the trick.
When is the best time to do the trimming? The perfect time to bring your hedge trimmer out is actually winter after your hedge went dormant after autumn and prior to turning into a fresh bud. You do not wish to actually trim off tender new development as this can do a great deal of harm to your hedge. Similarly, if during a mid spell in autumn your hedge is green still, it would be best to wait before you trim them.
Our top pick would be Ryobi P2660 18V Lithium+ Hedge Trimmer. Ryobi is becoming more popular with customers year after year. The brand comes with a comprehensive selection of outdoor tools, enabling customers to make use of exactly the same batteries for all their equipment. Through the years, they’ve established a good reputation for themselves. Ryobi hedge trimmers are offered at the biggest retailers in the nation, contributing to the attractiveness.
The Ryobi P2660 18V Lithium+ Hedge Trimmer comes with the newest lithium+ technology. This is the most innovative battery Ryobi offers. Lithium batteries don’t fade, instead, they continue offering maximum energy until the real end of their battery cycle. This trimmer has the strength associated with a corded trimmer with no cord.
Other Great Articles to Read:
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.