Featured Image: TechandMachine
Whether your property is small or large, minimally landscaped, or loaded with flower beds, one of the simplest ways to keep it looking sharp is investing in a quality electric edger to tame unmanageable edges. With many precisely calibrated edgers offered in the market, selecting the proper tool for your budget and needs could be challenging. Below, see our best recommendations and tips, in addition to our roundup of favorite electric edgers.
- Up to 1 hour of runtime when using dual mode switch in run-time mode
- Runtime Extension Technology with dual mode accelerator switch
- Patented Power Drive Transmission
- Automatic Feed Spool - no need to stop and bump
- Included Components: LST400 20V MAX* Cordless Trimmer/Edger, (1) LB2X4020-OPE 20V MAX* Extended Runtime Battery, (1) Charger, (1) AF-100 Spool, (1) Guard, (1) Handle; Power Source: Lithium Ion
- [TRIMMER & EDGER 2-in-1] Easily converts from a string trimmer to a wheel edger in just seconds
- [INSTANT LINE FEED] Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, Free Spools for Life
- [DO IT ALL WITH THE SAME BATTERY] Worx Power Share is compatible with all Worx 20v and 40v tools, outdoor power and lifestyle products
- [BATTERIES INCLUDED] 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool and can be used on any other tool in the WORX PowerShare family
- [HEAD TILTS 90°] So you can trim and edge on sloped terrain, and get to tough-to-reach places
- 24V STRING TRIMMER – Provides 20% more power and 35% more run-time to power through the toughest grass and weeds. Greenworks 24V battery powers 100+ indoor and outdoor products.Includes : (1) 24V 12" Cordless String Trimmer & Edger, (1) 24V 2.0 Ah Battery, (1) Battery Charger, (1) 0.065" Spool Assembly, (1) Owner's Manual
- 12” CUTTING PATH - .065” line, auto feed head for quick and easy line advancement
- TRIMMER / EDGER (2-IN-1) – 90-degree rotating head with edging wheel. 3 position pivoting head for trimming at multiple angles, telescope shaft adjusts to user's height and posture
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER – Allows you to control cutting speed on the go, so you can easily maneuver around plants and shrubs
- LIGHTWEIGHT / EASY TO USE – Ultra lightweight design, along with superior ergonomics allow for reduced user fatigue. Included 2.0Ah battery recharges in 60 minutes
- Cordless electric trimmer with 12-inch cutting width for fast results
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery; converts to an edger in seconds
- Auto feed line system keeps the trimmer at the right length
- Telescoping shaft and adjustable assist handle for comfort and extended reach
- Measures approximately 6 by 11 by 42-1/2 inches; 2-year warranty
- Exclusively compatible with EGO Power plus Power Head PH1400 (available Separately)
- 8 in. Edger blade. Create and maintain clean and precise edges around your driveway
- Quick-adjust depth control wheel; aluminum alloy gear case and shield
- Water-resistant construction
- Genuine EGO parts ensure compatibility, quality and performance
- Over 100 ONE+ Tools – All work with any RYOBI ONE+ 18V Battery 9 in. Serrated Edger Blade with 4-Position Depth Adjustment Includes 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Battery and Charger
- EXTENDED RUN TIME: 2 Speed Settings lets you choose more power or more runtime
- TURN TO EDGE: For both edging and trimming
- ADJUSTABLE: Ergonomic adjustable length pole to fit your height
- PUSH BUTTON FEED: Allows you to control the 0.080 inch twisted line feed with the push of a button
- EFFICIENCY: 13 inch cutting swath allows for added efficiency
What Is An Electric Edger?
Just like framing a photo improves artwork, keeping a consistently trimmed yard perimeter enhances the general look of your lawn. Its sharp edges signify a properly tended home, especially when you pay attention to manicuring and controlling growth within the edges of your sidewalk, driveway, walking paths, and garden beds.
Simplify your search by determining your property’s requirements with our buying guide below—and do not miss our roundup of top favorite picks among the best electric edger choices available!
Key Considerations For Choosing An Electric Edger
Begin with the motor. Typically speaking, there are two kinds of lawn edgers: those with electric-powered engines and those that run on fuel.
An electric edger—usually the top choice and more budget-friendly option for homeowners with a little backyard space—will often operate off a battery or plug into an electric outlet through a long cord. Though an electric edger just features 18 or so volts of strength, a battery-operated model enables you to trim anywhere, regardless of the distance to the nearest outlet. Conversely, a corded model’s trade-off is much more power (usually 10 to 12 amps) for somewhat less mobility (or, at a bare minimum, the usage of an extension cable for bigger jobs).
A gas-powered edger, readily available in a two or four-cycle format, is better and subsequently far better suited for huge yards. While two-cycle engines tend to be more common, they want you to stock and then refuel, using both oil and gas—much less environmentally conscious than four-cycle engines, and they run clean but weigh and cost more.
While lightweight manual edgers move on nothing more than the assistance you provide them, the weight of an engine usually requires three or four wheels for you to have the ability to cover your backyard without straining. In all wheeled versions, the back wheels are accountable for shifting the whole device along, while a guide wheel will keep the blade aimed with the job at hand. Some gas-powered edgers provide the inclusion of a fourth wheel (a curb wheel) to help stabilize the edger when you are using it with a slight drop-off, such as in the area where your street meets the lawn. In case you choose an electric style or won’t be maneuvering way too many curbs, a three-wheeled electric edger might be what you should require.
Pick the best cutting edge. A straight, basic blade can manage simple yards, just okay. Still, an electric edger offering many angle settings and multiple positions could be well worth the purchase in case you’ve got plenty of flower beds and unique features in your backyard. The following are three primary types of edger blades:
Flat rectangular blades with plain edges are very common among lawn edgers, proper for basic edging jobs in which the yard is flush and level with the nearest hard surface (like a driveway or sidewalk).
Flat rectangular blades with scoop-cut edges intelligently handle the perimeter of more fine landscaping features like flower beds that the debris may otherwise disrupt in a rough cutting. These blades are perfect to employ when hard surfaces and the lawn are uneven.
Star-shaped cutters aptly cut lawns that conclude at a sturdy fence or a wall. If you’ve got only a couple to address, you can manage with getting the preferred replacement blade(s) of your choice of the electric edger and switching them in as required—while simple enough; this change does add time in the lawn work.
The BLACK & DECKER LST400 20V Lithium Trimmer & Edger is the best electric lawn edger you can purchase because of the value it offers.
A manicured lawn can dramatically improve your house’s curb appeal. Cordless lawn edgers allow homeowners to produce clean and crisp landscaping lines.
With the number of electric lawn edgers in the industry, it could be hard to find one that’s tailored for your unique requirements. To help you out, we’ve rounded up the very best cordless lawn edgers.
A cordless lawn edger is going to help you attain those professionally manicured borders you have been eager to recreate.
We discovered that the top cordless lawn edger is Black & Decker’s LST400 High-Performance Trimmer and Edger. This impressive two-in-one yard and garden tool provides precision and power at an unbeatable cost.
In case you’re searching for an inexpensive version, the Toro 51484 Cordless 12-Inch, 20 Volt Lithium-Ion Electric Trimmer & Edger is a valuable tool that can outperform other lawn tools, which are almost double its price.
Other Great Articles to Read:
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.