What Are The Advantages & Disadvantages Of Marble Look Tiles Flooring?
The Advantages Of Marble Effect Tile Flooring
1. It is simple to clean. The surface has a unique coating that makes it extremely thick. Ordinary pollution may be cleansed with clean water, whereas severe pollution can be removed using a neutral detergent.
2. Lightweight. Because the product density is low, it is lighter, which helps to reduce the building load.
3. Excellent water resistance. Because the water absorption is low, the waterproof performance is excellent, and it may be utilized in damp environments.
4. Non-combustible substance. It is a type of product that may be used as a fire-proof material and is ideal for decorating in areas where fire-proofing is restricted.
5. Chemical resistance. It can effectively resist acid, alkali, and other drugs from corroding, so even if chemicals fall on the tiles, there’s no need to worry about the marble tiles corroding.
6. It is long-lasting. Inorganic base material with a long service life may prevent insect, ant, and corrosion.
7. There is no dust. The surface’s unique coating is thick, smooth, and dust-free, and dust does not readily adhere to it.
8. Dimensional stability. The coefficient of thermal expansion & contraction is modest and does not vary with temperature.
9. Antibacterial. The surface is smooth and antibacterially coated; germs cannot easily multiply, and antibacterial efficacy is excellent.
10. It is simple to process. The procedure is straightforward, and the ceramic/porcelain marble tile may be worked with standard equipment.
11. Environmental and energy conservation. It can not only preserve nature’s finite material energy but also minimize construction energy use.
12. UV resistance. The marble ceramic tile has an inorganic and fluorocarbon coating, which significantly increases the coating’s UV resistance.
The Drawbacks of Marble Look Flooring
1. Because of its high radioactivity, it feels chilly and cool when walked on barefoot.
2. It’s tough yet not elastic enough. It is not permitted to construct more than a 1-meter tabletop. When something is damaged, it isn’t easy to fix.
3. It’s easy to stain.
What Is the Difference Between Marble & Marble Look Tiles?
Marble effect floor tiles are less harmful to the environment.
The marble look tile does not have the radioactive contamination of natural stone and does not have the color variation of genuine stone. It does, however, retain the texture of genuine stone. The splicing between each marble effect tile is more natural; natural stone flaws are eliminated, and the pavement is more random.
Marble like tiles are less expensive to buy and maintain.
Natural marble tile is very costly, and the maintenance cost is high, making it more suitable for high-end residential & villa decoration. In contrast, ceramic/porcelain marble tile is an alternative, with artificial stone as the base material, the price and maintenance cost will be much lower. The weight of the marble look tile is lighter compared to natural marble.
The imitation marble tile is resistant to wear and has a high glossiness.
It does not have the color variation problem that natural stone does. Thus, it has significantly greater physical characteristics than natural marble.
Ease of installation.
Marble illusion tile is considerably easier to lay than genuine marble since, due to the weight and radiation of natural marble, most people do not install a significant area at home. However, marble-like tile transcends this barrier since it is easy to cut and useful in art, mosaic, sculpture, ground combination, and other uses.
Invest In Tiles For A Timeless Marble Look
Your porcelain and ceramic tiles deserve to last a long time, and they can be finished with a variety of beautiful finishes that make your flooring and walls look like the real deal. The proper installation of these tiles make it essential for its longevity and can add some real value to your home in the long run.
If you plan on selling your home sometime in the future, you can use a porcelain tile that looks like marble to your advantage. This is especially true if you are planning on investing in new remodeling or repurposing projects. Something as small as building a little nook in your shower for the storage of shampoo and soaps can add a lot of depth and variety to the look of your bathroom. And it can all be achieved using the different types of faux marble tiles.
Marble is a classic and stunning building material that should be celebrated in all of its forms. And now, you don’t have to break the bank trying to do so. You can invest in some cheaper and still-durable materials to reflect the classy look of marble for timeless home style.
This is an image roundup post, curated to showcase and promote other reputable contracting companies’ and their amazing work. To have any of the images removed, please reach out to us and we would be happy to do so.