LED mirror use is on the rise and is quickly proving itself as one of the most unique ways to introduce new, energy-saving lighting in your home. People are always thinking of creative and functional ideas that can help save energy and make the bathroom experience more comfortable. Whether it comes from the installation of new flooring and plumbing, or the introduction of a new shower drain into the routine, there are many ways to give your bathroom a more luxurious feel.
What exactly is a mirror with LED lights? How does it add functionality and usefulness in the bathroom? What are the different kind of LED mirror light options available? Check out our brief informational guide below to help you get the most of your LED mirror shopping experience. If you found something you love, let us know – we’d love to hear about it!
What is an LED Mirror?
An LED mirror defines a specific type of bathroom mirror that has been equipped with an LED mirror light. A mirror with LED lights can provide some ambient backlighting, or a stronger and brighter shine when you are trying to see even the smallest of blemishes on your face.
Whether you are looking for something to enhance your daily routine, or you want to add a bit of flair and creativity without taking up extra space, then this is a perfect investment for you. Interested in learning more? Here are some of the specifics about LED mirrors and the different types of mirrors you can find on the market today.
Why LED Lights?
You will find that more people are making the switch to LEDs. Consumers are seeking out LED bulbs for any and all lighting solutions, including for lamps, overhead lights, computer screens, headlights, bathroom fixtures, outside structures, and much more. And there’s a reason for it, too. LED lights are more efficient, longer-lasting, healthier, and much better for the environment. But there are benefits for you too!
Some of the biggest advantages of LED lights over incandescent or fluorescent bulbs include:
- LED lights use more than 80% less energy than any other kind of light, making it extremely impactful for the environment while also saving you multiple dollars on your monthly energy bills
- Keep in mind that LED lights release the same chemicals as the sun, helping you to feel more energized and vibrant as a great start to your day
- LED lights last 50,000 hours, making them extremely long-lasting, which adds even more to their affordability and efficiency
- The quality of light provided by LED bulbs is often higher than incandescent light, which is often too hot and too orange in color
Plus, when added to a stylish mirror, you are equipped with a powerful combination that can truly amplify your bathroom decor. An LED lit up mirror is a unique part of the bathroom remodeling market and recommended for those who want something creative yet functional.
Requirements for Installing an LED Mirror
Before purchasing an LED mirror, there are a couple of things you should take into consideration. For example, if you are investing in a bathroom remodeling project, think about where you want everything to be placed. Some other things to consider include:
- Where is the best location for your mirror?
Most people consider the bathroom to be the best location for your bathroom mirror. Since LED light bulbs work similar to the sun, releasing serotonin which energizes your brain and body, it might be a good idea to put this mirror in a place where you are looking to freshen up in the morning as you start your day.
- What are your electrical needs?
Fortunately, many LED mirrors do not require an electrical charge. The beauty of LED bulbs is that they do not require as much energy or electricity as more traditional incandescent or even fluorescent bulbs. Most of the time, they can be turned on and off with just a touch as well.
- Where do you need light the most? If you need something to backlight your mirror while you use it, then this would be the perfect location for an LED mirror. Corners, under the cabinets, and overhead are also great lighting options
Once you have determined exactly where you want the mirror to go, you can start looking at the different types of mirror LED lights available. Here are some of the most popular choices on the market today.
The LED light feature isn’t just for bathrooms. Here a few examples of LED mirrors in other areas of the home.