Featured Image: C-F-C
Your bushes, trees, and other vegetation shed branches, twigs, and leaves, and you have to do something with all of that stuff. An electric wood chipper allows you to repurpose those things without the additional expense of diesel or gas fuel. Just plug it in a backyard extension cable and work with your home’s electrical energy to power the device and chip away at those huge piles of leaves.
Selecting the best one for you personally boils down to picking a size that makes sense for your house and choosing one with the functions you see as must-have characteristics. In this post, we will talk about everything you have to know about selecting the perfect machine for you and your wood chipping requirement, along with reviews of our best picks.
- SPECIFICATIONS - This All-Electric Corded Wood Chipper Shredder and Mulcher is designed w/ a durable and all-powerful 15-AMP 1800Watt 120VAC 60Hz Electric Belt Driven motor, capable of 1.5” inch (39mm) MAX Limb Chipping Capacity to 17:1 Reduction Ratio, and overall Speed of 4,100RPMs
- ECO and USER FRIENDLY - Unlike gasoline-powered chippers this electric wood chipper produces no smog and is quieter, making it a reliable choice; Included are a set of Dual edge blades from CR12MoV material, that provide longevity for extended use; We included a Sturdy Push Paddle, so you can safely feed material into the hopper
- EFFICIENT DESIGN and CAPABILITIES - The durable Polypropylene housing will not rust nor dent and protects the rotor assembly which consists of (2) 2-7/8"Cutting Blades for maximum chipping capability; Our Wood Chipper is equipped w/ an easy instant start switch and an Overload Protection switch; Also included is a Supply Cable of 13.7” inch (0.35m/1.1’) and transported easily w/ the (2) 6” inch Wheels giving great portability
- SAFETY and PROPER USE - Our Electric Wood Chippers are quality tested to industry standards; Wood Chipper Shredders are best suited for outdoor environments
- Questions, Text 563563 to chat directly with a Sun Joe expert
- POWERFUL: 14 amp motor effectively chips and shreds branches up to 1. 5-inches thick. No load speed is 4300 rpm
- MULCHING: Ideal for turning branches and twigs into nutrient-rich garden mulch, reducing your yard waste up to 1/16th its original size
- PORTABLE: 6-inch wheels for easy portability
- SAFETY HOPPER: Locking knob prevents the motor from operating when opened
- Turn your excess lawn clippings, twigs and foliage into high-grade nutrient-rich mulch
- Shred sticks and branches up to 1.5 inches in diameter with ease
- 15-Amp motor provides up to 8000 cuts per minute (over 130 cuts per second)
- Internal safety mechanism automatically prevents startups when the hopper is still open
- 【HIGH PERFORMANCE]】The electric chipper shredder is equipped with all powerful 15AMP 1800WATT 120VAC 60Hz electric belt driven motor, and a high-quality blade, which can quickly and easily cut branches with a diameter of up to 1.57 inches, increasing the efficiency of your garden.
- 【VERSATILE】This wood chipper can turn twigs, branches, hedge trimmings, bushes trimmings into high-quality mulch, and reduce their size to 1/16 of the original size. This mulcher chipper shredder is an excellent choice for optimizing garden space.
- 【PORTABLE AND LOW NOISE】This electric chipper has a compact design and is equipped with wheels for easy carrying. Unlike gasoline-powered chippers, this electric leaf mulcher is quieter. Therefore, it is very friendly to the users.
- 【SAFE TO OPERATE】The shredder is equipped with a safety cut-out switch (overload protection switch), a locking knob, a safety hopper and a sturdy push paddle to ensure safe operation.
- 【EASY TO ASSEMBLE】With all needed instruction and hardware. Our wood chipper can be easily assembled, helping you save much time and energy. Excellent customer service frees you from worrying about missing parts and damaged parts. Any question please contact us.
- [53 GALLONS/MIN] That’s right, the 13.0 Amp motor mulches up to 53 Gallons of leaves per minute
- [RIGHT INTO THE BAG] Disposes of leaves and debris into a bag you can attach beneath (bag not included)
- [11:1 MULCH RATIO] That’s 11 bags chopped down into 1, all due to the innovative blade-less Flex-a-Line mulching system
- [STURDY YET PORTABLE] At 20 lbs., this tool is substantial and stays in place during use, but isn’t so heavy that you can’t move it around the yard easily
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- Powerful mulcher wood chipper with a 15-amp electric motor to shred branches up to 1.75" thick. Works best with dry/aged branches
- Safety shutoff with quick re-set button: When overloaded the motor will shutoff preventing any damage, to continue using a circuit re-set button located by the power button on the chipper
- Chute and tamper tool to keep your hands free and safe from the corded electric wood chipper, 1.2 Bushel collection bin for convenient cleanup
- Powerful 15-amp motor requires 12-guage 50ft extension cord (cord not included)
- Is not intended for leaves or fibrous plants like corn stalks
- Purchase Patriot's Electric Cord now and EXTEND YOUR CHIPPER’S WARRANTY ONE YEAR.
- The quiet, smooth, maintenance free electric motor starts with just the flip of a switch.
- Easily shred mountains of leaves by sliding them into the large hopper on the top of the unit.
- The Patriot will make coin-sized chips out of branches up to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- All processed material will discharge out the side of the machine into the standard collection bag.
Why Do You Need An Electric Wood Chipper?
Those little twigs, branches, and heaps of leaves are not going to just decompose into the earth easily and quickly. Generally, you would be likely to maintain your property clear of natu re’s garbage by raking it up, packing everything into garbage bags, after which giving it on your city’s sanitation employees to pick up or even haul it all to some dump yourself.
Conversely, you can purchase a chipper or shredder to turn all of that yard clutter into something even more useful—mulch. It is essential to remember that the majority of these electrically charged wood chippers are intended for little things. You would be pushing your machine a little too hard in case you were shoving a branch in there having a diameter of two inches or more. Thus, these chippers are usually intended for those who have smaller bits of natural material that have to be shredded into tiny bits. With that said, you will find all kinds of uses for any chipper.
Do you require wood chips for a smoker? If you’ve got mesquite trees that have to be pruned down, you can run those smaller-sized branches through the chipper to get wood chips for smoking meats and other things. Straw can make a fantastic bed for horses in a barn, though it may be relatively uneasy when they are bigger pieces. Run the hay or straw (make sure it is dry) to a chipper, and you will have fine pieces that will be comfy and fluffy.
Take huge piles of leaves and put them to an electric wood chipper to create your own mulch to place around plants and bushes. Yet another excellent use of shredded natural substance is adding to a compost heap. After trimming up hedges, bushes, and also gathering all the leaves which fell following a storm, you are able to run the bits through and make a nutrient rich level for your compost pile.
What Is The Difference Between A Mulcher And A Chipper?
A wood chipper does precisely what it states it will—it chips wood. A mulcher is intended to break down twigs, leaves, and clippings into mulch. Nevertheless, you may be ready to utilize these machines interchangeably.
The electric chippers and mulchers are not likely to deal with whole trees or even big branches, so when you are looking at power, you are taking a look at a difference of half an inch or so diameter for the branches. Chippers commonly use a flywheel with blades that chop up wood to a reduced, more reasonable size.
On mulchers (and other chippers), you find the same bladed flywheel, but additionally, there are generally several flails included that beat away at the debris to change it into mulch and not just smaller pieces of wood.
How To Pick The Best Electric Wood Chipper
One of the greatest points about electric wood chippers is they are light. Because they are easy to move and compact, that permits them to be practical to use and portable anywhere in your lawn—so long as an extension cable can reach. Several characteristics are requirements, while others are desires.
Here is what you should search for the best chipper:
Most wood chippers and leaf grinders are designed to be lightweight, but not many of them have wheels. While they are virtually all little enough to go around without the assistance of wheels, you will be happy to get those large wheels after hours of cutting and shredding. The bigger the wheels are, the better it is going to be for you to move this along your lawn, regardless of the surface.
You will discover that chippers might have identical specifications, but one might have a larger hopper than the other. It is a curious difference, though it might be since all those with the smaller-sized hoppers are intended for branches and twigs, while those with the larger hoppers tend to be more amenable to heaps of leaves. The hopper size will not tell you something about performance, however.
Many electric wood chippers are manufactured with your safety in mind. You will be using an extension cable with these backyard garden tools, so there is a possibility of overheating, and lots of of these devices include an auto-shutoff feature in case the motor gets pretty hot.
Several of these chippers offer more than overload protection, like locking knobs on the hopper. If it is loose or open, the engine will not run.
Bag Or Holder
All chippers and mulchers virtually work the exact same way—stuff moves in, stuff is released. Often these machines use gravity to help you get the twigs, leaves, and branches to go through readily and out the chute in the bottom.
Sometimes manufacturers put in a bag which collects your mulch or chips, that is a handy feature. Most simply feature a holder where you can put your own bag, however.
In general, electrical wood chippers are not that powerful, and that is the reason you should not include some branches that are too big into these devices. If it is two inches or even larger, it is probably better to utilize it as firewood. The power you receive from these small machines usually runs from 13 to 15 Amps.
An effective wood chipper is quiet when you are using it, though you cannot expect whisper quiet. It might be best in case you are wearing ear protection, though these machines are not very likely to disturb your neighbors.
To be certain you’re choosing the best one for your property and most of its trimmings, go through these electric wood chipper reviews.
Whether you are searching for an electric wood chipper for cleaning up heaps of leaves every autumn or a far more impressive machine that will deal with the bigger branches that you have trimmed from your trees, there are lots of models to select from. Ideally, this guide can help you choose the best one for yourself and your unique requirements.
Overall, our recommendation goes to Sun Joe CJ601E 14-Amp Electric Wood Chipper because of its power, versatility, and reasonable warranty options.
The Sun Joe is lightweight and will conveniently be kept inside a garden shed, garage, and even a closet. The wheels make this a very portable tool, so the 14 amps are sufficient to power to shred through other debris, twigs, and branches easily. It can chip, mulch, shred, and produce composting material easily. Having said that, the unit might clog a bit every once in a while, though you can unclog it and continue going. Furthermore, it is an affordable garden tool that is going to help you keep your property clean.
Other Great Articles to Read:
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.