Featured Image: House Grail
If you are on the lookout for the best miter saw, read on to find out what is the best sliding miter saw and who makes the best miter saw. Before you buy a specific saw, you’ve got to know what to search. Quality is one thing, but the value of different features is another story. The key is the combination of high quality and compelling usefulness. In other words, there’s no use in having a costly, high-quality unit in case it doesn’t meet your requirements and expectations.
We also reveal in this post what is the best 12 sliding compound miter saw and the best miter saw stand that works perfectly with your device.
- AXIAL GLIDE SYSTEM: patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact, saving you 12 inches of valuable work space
- CAPACITY: expanded cutting capacity, 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- ADJUSTABLE: provides easy adjustments with a large, easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detentes and roof pitch angles; Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left/right for accurate cuts; Category's best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- PRECISION: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- EASE OF USE: upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
- Integrated CUTLINE Blade Positioning System provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility for the 12-inch miter saw blade
- XPS technology uses an LED to project light down either side of the blade, creating a shadow on the cutline once the saw arm is lowered
- Super-efficient dust collection system of DEWALT miter saw captures over 75% of dust generated
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2-inch nested and base molding up to 6-3/4-inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x14 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x10 at 45 degree
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw features the precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 5-1/2-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right. Tool height-15 inch
- 2-inch x 8-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor lock for quick blade changes
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp, dust bag, Two extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for laser
- 0-52 degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts.Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments
- 24.2 lbs to facilitate maneuverability and easier transport.Dust collector attachment included to minimize airborne particle
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs.Large table for better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
- Miter ranges – left 52, right 52
What Are The Different Types Of Miter Saw
The first on our list is a compound miter saw. In case you want to cut an assortment of angles, the compound type is likely your safest bet. Works such as cutting crown molding can be very stressful and debilitating since they require high accuracy. In any case, those projects are a piece of cake for a compound miter saw since it’s designed for such applications.
Next is the sliding compound miter saw. As you’ll figure, the primary distinction between these and standard compound models is in the sliding feature. This feature enables the blade to move forward and back. The significant advantage is the reality that you can cut much greater pieces of wood than with a standard compound unit. Hence, in case you are a committed professional with a lot of enormous projects in mind, do not hesitate to check out this specific type.
Finally, we have cordless miter saws. As the name implies, these units utilize a battery as their source of power. It has its advantages, but it also encompasses a few disadvantages. The primary and most apparent benefit is the movability. In case you’re looking to move the machine regularly, cordless units are the one fit for you. Besides, these devices are very light, meaning you won’t have to worry about weariness and other factors when you are moving it around.
Things To Look For When Buying The Best Miter Saw
The blade is one of the most critical parts of miter saws, so you have to inspect it and see if it fits your requirements. If you make a wrong decision, you are in luck because the blade is a replaceable part so fixing the issue won’t be a problem. But of course, it will be an added cost if you buy a replacement, so better have the proper one on the first buy. The blade also determines the height and depth of the cut, so you also have to consider that.
The brand is also a significant part of your purchase. Buying unbranded units is always a hit or miss, and we don’t suggest getting one because you might end up purchasing a second tool. Hence, it is not cost-effective.
We are all searching for the best value for money, but you shouldn’t go for it just because it’s the cheapest. The primary thing you need to do before you even begin searching is – set the budget. Once you’ve got a specific price in mind, the search gets much more straightforward. In any case, do not hesitate to go somewhat over the budget if you think it’s vital. Keep in mind that it’s always best to invest some dollars more if it’s a worthy investment. Stay away from specific cheap units and duplicates of popular brands since you’ll end up with a chunk of garbage in your carport. In case you’re seeking for high quality, you’ll have to pay for it.
And The Best Miter Saw Is…
DeWalt has made a name for itself in the tool market, with experts and do-it-yourselfers aggressively seeking out their products for their creative needs. DeWalt products provide exceptional value and operate exactly as claimed, which are just a few of the reasons why they are so popular. The DeWalt DWS780, which lets users to create angled cuts with ease when dealing with wood and other materials, is one of their tools that has recently received a lot of positive feedback.
It’s also one of the most powerful miter saws available, with a motor that can reach 3800 rpm, allowing you to blast through cuts with ease. It has a sliding arm that enhances its cutting width, which distinguishes it and makes it more trustworthy than non-sliding miter saws. These characteristics make it excellent for experienced woodworkers who work with heavy wood. It is also suitable for casual user who is interested in crafts.
Other Great Articles to Read:
To view our Amazon Associates Disclaimer, please click here.