If you are on the lookout for the best miter saw, read on to find out what is the best sliding miter saw and who makes the best miter saw. Before you buy a specific saw, you’ve got to know what to search. Quality is one thing, but the value of different features is another story. The key is the combination of high quality and compelling usefulness. In other words, there’s no use in having a costly, high-quality unit in case it doesn’t meet your requirements and expectations.
We also reveal in this post what is the best 12 sliding compound miter saw and the best miter saw stand that works perfectly with your device.
- Axial glide system: The patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact. This saves you 12 inch of valuable workspace. Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut
- Capacity: expanded cutting capacity 14 inch Horizontal capacity Nominal 6 1/2 inch Vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch Crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- Adjustable: the GCM12SD miter saw provides easy adjustments with a large easy to read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles. Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left/right for accurate cuts. Category best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- Precision: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to slide fence for added support
- Ease of use: Upfront bevel Controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located Upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
- Powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x12 at 45 degree
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Backed by DEWALT'S 3 year limited warranty
- Maximum Cutting Thickness:6.75 inch
- POWER AND DURABILITY: 15 amp, 4,000 rpm motor
- MITER DETENT PLATE IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY AND ENSURES CUTTING ACCURACY: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- MITER DENTENT OVERRIDE that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting without the saw slipping into the miter detents
- TALL SLIDING FENCES that support crown molding up to 5-1/4-Inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-Inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- CROSS CUT CAPACITY up to 2x8-Inch dimensional lumber at 90° and a 2x6-Inch dimensional lumber at 45°
- Make bevel cuts up to 45 degrees left | perform compound Miter cuts with ease!
- Use compound cutting for crown molding, shadow boxes, Picture frames, and more | the Genesis compound Miter saw is inexpensive and versatile!
- Laser cutting guide for quicker alignment and improved accuracy | Know where the cut will be ahead of time with the integrated laser guide!
- Electric brake stops the blade in seconds and Arbor lock for quick blade changes
- Includes: 60T Carbide blade installed, hold down Clamp, dust bag, Two extension wings, blade wrench and two AAA batteries for laser
- 0 to 52 degree miter angle range to the right and left for increased flexibility , Motor Horsepower 2.57 hp
- 0 to 45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts.Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments
- 24.2 pounds to facilitate maneuverability and easier transport.Dust collector attachment included to minimize airborne particle
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs.Large table for better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
- Miter ranges left 52, right 52
What Are The Different Types Of Miter Saw
The first on our list is a compound miter saw. In case you want to cut an assortment of angles, the compound type is likely your safest bet. Works such as cutting crown molding can be very stressful and debilitating since they require high accuracy. In any case, those projects are a piece of cake for a compound miter saw since it’s designed for such applications.
Next is the sliding compound miter saw. As you’ll figure, the primary distinction between these and standard compound models is in the sliding feature. This feature enables the blade to move forward and back. The significant advantage is the reality that you can cut much greater pieces of wood than with a standard compound unit. Hence, in case you are a committed professional with a lot of enormous projects in mind, do not hesitate to check out this specific type.
Finally, we have cordless miter saws. As the name implies, these units utilize a battery as their source of power. It has its advantages, but it also encompasses a few disadvantages. The primary and most apparent benefit is the movability. In case you’re looking to move the machine regularly, cordless units are the one fit for you. Besides, these devices are very light, meaning you won’t have to worry about weariness and other factors when you are moving it around.
Things To Look For When Buying The Best Miter Saw
The blade is one of the most critical parts of miter saws, so you have to inspect it and see if it fits your requirements. If you make a wrong decision, you are in luck because the blade is a replaceable part so fixing the issue won’t be a problem. But of course, it will be an added cost if you buy a replacement, so better have the proper one on the first buy. The blade also determines the height and depth of the cut, so you also have to consider that.
The brand is also a significant part of your purchase. Buying unbranded units is always a hit or miss, and we don’t suggest getting one because you might end up purchasing a second tool. Hence, it is not cost-effective.
We are all searching for the best value for money, but you shouldn’t go for it just because it’s the cheapest. The primary thing you need to do before you even begin searching is – set the budget. Once you’ve got a specific price in mind, the search gets much more straightforward. In any case, do not hesitate to go somewhat over the budget if you think it’s vital. Keep in mind that it’s always best to invest some dollars more if it’s a worthy investment. Stay away from specific cheap units and duplicates of popular brands since you’ll end up with a chunk of garbage in your carport. In case you’re seeking for high quality, you’ll have to pay for it.
And The Best Miter Saw Is…
The Dewalt DWS779 is an ideal miter saw both for hobbyists and experts. While the DIYers adore its ease of use, experts appreciate the high accuracy and smooth operation. This model is an all-around miter saw with a lot of valuable features.
With regards to safety, it is quite good. This is excellent news for the unpracticed buyers since most individuals struggle to figure out how these things work. Thus, a few of them get harmed during the process. To avoid extreme wounds, make sure you studied the manual first, before using the machine for the first time.
The most significant advantage of this specific unit is its versatility. In other words, you can use it for several applications without having to worry about compatibility and other insignificant stuff.
The Dewalt DWS779 is a savvy choice for individuals that don’t need to invest a lot of cash in premium tool. You may lurch upon several issues, but they are all resolvable within minutes. The most wonderful thing about this specific model is that it’s made of durable materials and it ought to last for a long time.