The sawhorse is one of those workshop must-haves that is prized for its versatility. A single sawhorse can be used to make cutting wood a whole lot easier, while a pair of sawhorses can serve as an instant workbench with the help of two 2x4s and a sheet of plywood. They can also be used as a scaffold or a drying rack.
Sawhorses used to be made exclusively of wood. The design back then was pretty basic, and all you needed to build one was some pieces of wood and power tools. But these days, hobbyists and woodworkers have a wide array of sawhorses made from different materials to choose from.
There are still sawhorses that are made of wood, but these are rare nowadays. Modern sawhorses are typically made of plastic or metal, and come with all sorts of features that are helpful for professionals and hobbyists alike.
We’re here to give you some pointers on how to find the best sawhorses online and talk about the features you should consider when looking for the perfect sawhorse for your home or work. We’ve also reviewed some of the best sawhorses you can find online to give you an idea of what works and what you should avoid.
- HEAVY DUTY FOLDING SAWHORSE — Constructed from 100 percent high-grade steel, this sawhorse is rugged and capable for your most demanding jobs. Alone it has an incredible 1300 lb. capacity. When paired with a second table, it has a 2600 lb. capacity per pair.
- CREATE A STURDY JOBSITE TABLE — Support arms fit 2x4s and 4x4s. When deployed transform two sawhorses into a solid and sturdy jobsite table. Adjustable height legs quickly configure to your work. Has quality material support pegs and pivoting feet that adjust to your needs. Also includes innovative cutting brackets for safe and easy cutting of different materials.
- FOLDS TO AN EASY CARRY SIZE — Strong steel legs fold into a convenient collapsible size. Platform has rounded edges for safety and security. Easy grip handle allows effortless carry to jobsite. Excellent workbench for construction, firewood cutting, drywall, and other tasks.
- U.S.A QUALITY CONTROL —Designed, engineered, tested, and inspected in the USA to ensure high quality. You can be sure that you're getting the toughest sawhorse around.
- BUILT TO LAST — Constructed from powder-coated and zinc-plated steel, you'll never have to worry about corrosion. Withstands the most rigorous environments, and it’s covered with our limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser against defects in material or workmanship.
- Sturdy steel and aluminum construction supports 2, 200 lbs. As a pair
- Versatile design works as a sawhorse, work support, clamping center, and more
- Portable for easy transport and compact storage
- Expandable by pairing with another track horse or mobile project center
- Equipped with a Kreg bench Clamp featuring Automaxx
- ONE-HORSE RACE - Whether you’re a professional carpenter or a weekend DIY’er, you’ll appreciate Bora Portamate Sawhorse’s lightweight, compact design, durable all-steel construction, and foldable legs for easy storage. Our heavy duty saw horses are the ones that you can bet on to get any job done quickly and efficiently.
- SIZE MATTERS – Each sawhorse has a top that measures 39” x 3. 5” with a comfortable 33” work height, and a wide, stable 29” x 48” stance. Each sawhorse has a 500 lb maximum weight capacity and can support a total of 1, 000 lbs when both are used together.
- NO ASSEMBLY NEEDED - At Bora Portamate, we know that you’ve got enough on your plate already with your construction or home improvement projects. That’s why our sawhorses come pre-assembled and ready to use. Just open the box, unfold the legs, lock them into place, and you can get to work.
- RIDE BAREBACK OR NOT – The steel tops can be used, or you can quickly mount a 2” x 4” or 2” x 6” wood piece to using the convenient pre-drilled holes. Its rust-resistant powder coat provides a tough finish for an extended life.
- DON’T PUT THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE – You know how the saying goes, but in this case, you can put the horse in your cart and buy with confidence. This Sawhorse set is backed by a 1-year to make your purchase worry-free.
- [CUSTOM MADE CLAMPS] These two sawhorses come with integrated bar clamps to fasten big or small projects securely in both vertical and horizontal positions
- [LIGHTWEIGHT & EASY TO MOVE] At only 4 lbs. each, you can toss them into the back of a vehicle or store them in the corner in-between projects
- [SUPPORTS 1000 LBS] And the clamps provide up to 300 lbs. of pressure. Hold heavy projects securely in place for as long as you need
- [STORAGE SHELF] On the bottom of these sawhorses we’ve made a place to hold a power strip or supplies. Give your workspace an extra shelf or more storage
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- 2 positions 2x4 support arms create a sturdy jobsite table patent pending
- 1100 lb /500kg capacity each pair
- 100% steel construction
- Material support legs
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- Leading capacity at 1, 200 lbs per pair
- Includes 2 sawhorses and 4 sawbucks
- Sawbucks designed to hold 2x4 flat on its side
- Built in shelf and cord hooks
- Heavy duty and high durability steel construction, can hold up to 440 lbs, tough powder coated steel finish, will be able to meet any work needs of you
- Height could be adjusted from 25 inch to 40 inch, suitable for different working status, meets all your work height demands
- Simplified light-weight construction and foldable design is perfect for convenient storage and easy transportation
- Non-slip rubber mat, create extra stability and support for all work place. Snap pin folding legs designed for easy storage, and complete stability when in use
- Quick Attach saw mounts allow you to easily mount your saw or other tools for fast setup and take down – hardware is included. We are quite sure that you will be super-impressed with durability and high quality of our product