Featured Image: Best Reviews
When it comes to making clean, straight cuts, electric metal shears are a must-have item in your toolkit. Because there are so many electric metal shears on the market nowadays, you may be confused about which one to purchase. Allow us to guide you on the proper path, beginning with our suggestions for the finest metal shears available.
Below are the top seven best sheet metal shears in the market today.
- The metal shear has powerful, 5 amp, all ball bearing motor for long life
- The electric metal shear head swivels 360 degree for cutting convenience
- The electric metal shear cuts 7/32-inch strip, which continuously curls out of cutting area for clear line of sight
- Variable speed dial allows user to vary speed for specific materials and various applications (100-350 spm)
- Cuts radius of 5-1/2-inch and larger
- Mpn: 6852-20
- Country of manufacture: China
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
- 6.8 amp Milwaukee motor
- Hex Wrench
- Pressure sensitive trigger cuts anywhere from 0 to 2500 strokes per minute
- Attack up to 20 gauge stainless steel and 18 gauge sheet metal
- Lightweight design limits fatigue during operation
- Utilizes a powerful 4-amp motor, curling the metal as it cuts
- Swiveling head rotates a full 360 degrees to meet the needs of any project
- 4-amp motor
- Quickly cuts metal roofing, flashing, and other sheet metals
- 360° swiveling head for cutting control and convenience
- 0 SPM to 2,500 SPM variable speeds for versatility in cutting a variety of materials
- 3-blade cutting system reduces metal deformation
- Country Of Origin: China
- Model Number: 01-0101
- Item Package Dimension: 14.0" L x 3.0" W x 7.0" H
- Item Package Weight: 6.0 lb
- Powerful 5. 0 amp motor matches with double-cut blade design to create curled 1/4-inch thin metal steel bar during the fast clean cut. Control variable (0-2700) strokes per minute cutting speed to work on a variety of materials by pressing trigger lightly to heavily
- Cuts up to 14 gauge thickness sheet metal and 15 gauge stainless steel. Maneuverable to cut specific materials in different situations include metal roofing, wire mesh, flashing, etc. Multi-functional
- Full 360° swiveling head design can meet the demands of most common projects, it is especially good at cutting large circles, curves and irregular shapes through conveniently and flexibly operating
- Three durable blade cutter reduces metal deformation and makes the long straight line cutting works smooth as butter each time. It also keeps the continuous cutting in high efficiency and accuracy with no doubt
- Two finger pressure sensitive trigger and lock-on button to deliver precise cutting controllability. Light-weight design and ergonomic over-mold grip will be able to reduce fatigue during long time operation
- Powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM for the most demanding applications
- Smaller circumference barrel grip (only 2-1/4”) for added comfort
- Refined design at only 3.4 lbs. for increased control
- Lock-on slide switch for continuous operation
- Built-in thickness gauge for added convenience
The Best Metal Shears Buying Guide
You’re probably familiar with a metal shear if you deal with sheet metal or metal components in general. With this tool, you can swiftly cut through metal components without exerting too much effort. Working with sheet metal becomes very difficult, if not impossible, without this equipment.
If you want to be productive in the workshop, you need to choose the finest electric metal shear. However, if you aren’t well-versed in the subject, finding the appropriate product may be difficult. That’s where we can help.
As previously said, we have included some of the finest metal cutting shears in this post. You will differentiate them easily now that we’ve discussed their main features and choices. You should have a good understanding of metal shears in general after this.
However, if you want to learn more about metal shears, we’ve put up a comprehensive purchasing guide especially for you. This buying guide covers a wide variety of metal shears-related topics and considerations. In other words, if you read this buying guide all the way to the conclusion, you’ll be able to choose the ideal metal scissors for you:
Type of Tool
Metal shears come in various sizes and shapes since they are so helpful for cutting metal sheets and items. As a result, the different models available vary in terms of capability. Various metal shears are suitable for distinct purposes, in addition to having other characteristics.
Some are stand-alone power tools with built-in electric motors, while others are accessories for your current power tools. You may choose one of them based on your needs for simplicity of use and power.
Type of Power
If you choose freestanding power shears with an integrated electric motor, you may choose from various power types. Even though all powered metal shears are powered by electricity, the energy source varies depending on the model.
Some are corded versions that connect directly into a power outlet, while others are cordless and run on battery power. Corded versions are usually more powerful, while cordless ones are more convenient for portable use.
Whether you’re purchasing a corded or cordless power tool, it’s critical to be sure it’s strong enough. If you wish to cut thick metal sheets, this is particularly true for metal shears. As a result, the power rating for the majority of metal shears models may be found.
This power rating is expressed in amps for corded versions and is either four amps or five amps. Cordless metal shears, on the other hand, have a power rating of 12 or 20 volts. In each of these instances, the greater the rating, the better the performance.
Rating of the Gauge
Checking the gauge rating of your metal shears is another method to get a sense of their performance. This informs you what metal sheet thicknesses are supported or compatible with the metal shears you’re using. Some metal shears have a 14-gauge gauge rating, whereas others have a 20-gauge gauge rating.
When comparing the two gauge ratings, the 14-gauge grade is superior for cutting thick metal sheets. In other words, thinner metal sheets come from a higher gauge rating, whereas thinner metal sheets result from a lower gauge value.
Any particular metal shears model’s guarantee length is just as essential as any other element or detail discussed in our purchasing guide. This is because if you want to use your metal shears for a long time, you should get metal shears with a lengthy guarantee period.
Almost every metal shear on the market comes with a two-year guarantee. However, in certain instances, you may get somewhat better versions with a 5-year warranty.
What To Look For When Buying the Best Metal Shears
Metal shears aren’t designed for a single task. Nonetheless, depending on the speed controls, their performance and function change.
The blade material: Make sure you get a metal shear with a sturdy blade that can withstand the materials you’ll be cutting. This will save you money by keeping you from having to replace the blade frequently. Furthermore, a metal shear with a powerful blade will allow you to cut quickly and smoothly without becoming fatigued.
The metal shear’s speed controls are the next item you should think about. It is suggested that you use a high-speed shear to avoid any unnecessary slowdowns while operating. High-speed shears improve cutting and finishing by increasing stroke speed.
Safety: If the tool you’re using doesn’t have the appropriate safeguards and safety features, shearing may cause damage or injury. Look for warning labels or point-of-operation guards on the metal shear you’re going to buy to keep you safe when shearing. To increase your safety even further, it’s a good idea to get some instruction before using the machine, particularly if it’s your first time.
During our testing, we discovered that the DeWalt DW890 Metal Shear is reasonably priced, powerful, and has all of the features you need from a tool of this kind. If you’re on a budget and require a set of shears with variable power settings and a high power output, the WEN 3650 Electric Metal Cutter Shear is a great choice.
The DeWalt metal shear would be ideal for basic shearing at home. It has a strong 5.0 Amp motor with a ball bearing for added longevity. This metal shear then cuts a 7/32 inch strip that bends out from the cutting region, giving you a clean line of sight. This product is very long-lasting and simple to use. It can cut a radius of up to 5-1/2 inches, and its head swivels 360 degrees for easy cutting.
Because this device is lightweight (weighing just 5.0 lbs), you may use it for longer periods with less hand fatigue. It can cut through 20-gauge stainless steel and 18-gauge mild steel, among other materials. Its variable speed dial allows you to adjust the speed for different applications and materials.