Most people might consider buying a wire stripper unimportant because this tool is easily replaceable with a pocket knife or even a pair of kitchen scissors. But these cutting tools cannot carry out what the best wire strippers do. Using a pair of wire strippers while cutting and sheathing will precisely ensure that the wires inside the insulated sheath are unscathed. The condition of the unsheathed wires will most likely determine the quality of your repair job. And damaged wiring will possibly cause electrocution or fire. Now, that seems important, right?
What is a Wire Stripper?
A wire stripper is a handheld tool used by electricians or repairmen to strip off electric wires of its protective coating. This tool is usually used when you want to connect a wire to another electric wire or to an electric terminal. Instead of using unsafe cutting tools or even biting off the cables with your teeth, the safest way when working with wires is with the help of wire strippers, cutters or crimpers. Professionals or hobbyists who love to tinker electronics and indoor lightings find this tool important and helpful while doing repairs.
To help you decide on what to buy, let’s take a look into some of the wire strippers that we can find on the market today. Some of these tools are multifunctional and others are great even for beginners. Check out what 7 wire products we listed below.
- SELF-ADJUSTING: Strip wire from 10 to 24 AWG with our self-adjusting mechanism. Jaw Width: 2 inches
- ADJUSTABLE STOPPER: Control the length of the core strip with the built-in adjustable stopper
- CRIMPING: Crimp 10-22 AWG insulated, 10-22 AWG non-insulated, and 7-9mm ignition terminals
- STRIPPING: Strip wire from 10-24 AWG while swivel knob micro-adjusts to strip gauges smaller than 20 AWG
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: Each IRWIN hand tool is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the tool
- For stripping wire 10-24 AWG
- ProTouch grips provide extra comfort and reduces hand fatigue
- Spring-assisted jaw opening
- Durably constructed for a long life
- Backed by the IRWIN VISE-GRIP Lifetime Guarantee
- Cuts, strips and loops 10-18 AWG Solid and 12-20 AWG Stranded wire
- Precision ground stripping holes
- Strong-gripping serrated nose for easy bending, shaping, and pulling of wire
- Holes for looping and bending wire
- Cleanly shears 6-32 and 8-32 screws
- Wire Stripper with stripping head that adjusts to strip: 10-20 AWG solid, 12-22 AWG stranded, and 12/2 and 14/2 Romex cable (all sizes) and other nonmetallic (type NM) sheathed cable
- Adjustable stopper to control the length of the core strip
- Tensioning thumb wheel allows for precise stripping of smaller gauge wire
- Convenient wire cutter in handle
- Grooved grips are designed for added comfort
- Wire Stripper and Cutter cuts and strips 8-20 AWG solid and 10-22 AWG stranded wire with ease
- Compound action stripping: grip and strip via single-action squeezing motion
- Precision machined stripping holes easily remove insulation without damaging the wire
- Removes up to 1-Inch (25 mm) in length of the insulation layer (jacket layer) in a single step
- Tension loaded wire-grip gently holds the cable while retaining cable geometry
- WIRE STRIPPER:Ideal for copper and aluminum cables from 10-22 AWG.Built in wire cutter.
- DOWELL HANDLE：Handle is made of PP+TPR material, comfortable hand feeling, ergonomically design and optimal force-transmission. Best for working with wet & oily hand.
- SIMPLE OPERATION：Simple one-handed motion grabs, holds, pulls and removes outer jacket makes clean cuts on wires.
- Total Size (Locked): 7 x 2.1 x 0.5in
- 【WIRE STRIPPER】Come with self-adjusting jaws ideal for copper and aluminum cables from 10-24AWG (0.2-6MM2). Thumb wheel micro adjusting swivel knob to strip wire smaller than 24 AWG. ZOTO strippers will not damage the metal part of the electrical wire.
- 【CABLE CUTTER】CRIMPER:Built-in crimper crimps 22-10 AWG (0.5-6.0MM2) insulated terminals, 12-10 AWG (4-6.0MM2) / 16-14 AWG (1.5-2.5MM2) / 22-18AWG (0.5-1.0MM2) non-insulated terminals and 7-8 mm auto ignited terminals. The Cutter are made by special heat treatment, high quality blade performs efficient cutting. Copper only.
- 【NON-SLIP COMFORT GRIP】Plastic & cushion grip handle, provides maximum leverage (PP& TPR) and increased comfort and reduced hand fatigue making the grip Self Adjusting. Wire Stripping Tool perfect for big or small jobs. the device is perfect for trimming wires and crimping need very little effort to use and save a tremendous amount of time when you stripping multiple wires.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL TOOL】Specially designed and precisely machined teeth grabs, holds, pulls and removes outer jacket in a simple one-handed motion; Also a wire crimping tool (crimper) which crimps insulated and non-insulated automotive ignition terminals and includes a wire cutter saving you time and money purchasing individual tools.
- 【PRODUCT GUARANTEE】Guaranteed with money back in 30 days 12-month warranty,24 hours ZOTO outstanding customer service. ✔✔ Notice: ZOTO USA is The Only Authorized Seller by ZOTO Brand, Please Make Sure You Choose ZOTO USA when you purchase this Wire Stripper. All New Sellers with LOWER PRICES on these listings are DISHONESTY and DANGEROUS,They just want to get your PAYMENY which means your package will Never Arrive or you will receive an EMPTY package.