Any weekend warrior knows that a miter saw is a key tool to have for a number of DIY projects. But almost as important as a miter saw is a miter saw stand. The right stand can save you from having a number of problems with your saw. When I was first starting out with my in-garage construction projects, I had a good quality saw – but the stand was subpar. This made the saw shaky and wobbly, preventing me from being able to cut straight.
Plus, having a wobbly saw is dangerous. You never know how it’s going to shake or which direction the saw is going to move in. Knowing what is the best miter saw stand for your project can not only help you avoid these dangerous problems, but can increase your precision and boost your project’s success.
- Wide adjustable infeed and outfeed work supports provide up to 8' of material support
- Easily adjustable mounting rails adapt to nearly any miter saw
- Wide rubber grip wheels provide easy jobsite mobility
- Three-position pneumatic assisted raising and lowering for the ultimate in flexibility and ease of set up
- Durable tubular steel construction allows for a 300-Pound maximum weight capacity
- ADJUSTABLE: Featuring a Bosch-exclusive, patented Gravity Rise System designed for rapid set up and easy breakdown, taking the toughest jobs to the next level
- CAPACITY: The Bosch T4B Gravity-Rise Miter Saw Stand has up to 18 feet of material capacity, the highest capacity among fully portable units
- PORTABLE: Built with 8-Inch pneumatic wheels for ease of transport over jobsite terrain with even the heaviest miter saws attached
- UNIVERSAL: Featuring Rapid Release tool mounts - for use with most major competitors' miter saws. Adjustable out feed -up to 12 inch in height
- DURABLE: Equipped with adjustable leveling feet for stability and durability on uneven surfaces. Material - Steel
- Imported from: China
- POWER TOOLS
- Commercial Brand: DEWALT
- Heavy-Duty All Steel Construction-Supports up to 400 Lbs
- Quick-Release Mounting Brackets for Easy Miter Saw Mounting and Removal
- Tool-Free Adjustment of Material Supports and Extension Arms, Material Supports Include Rollers and Positive Stops for Repetitive Cuts
- Accommodates All Genesis and Most Other Miter Saws, Including Genesis 12" Sliding Miter Saw
- Quick-Fold Design and Wheels for Easy Storage and Portability
- A cut above - The Bora Portamate PM-4000 is the best, most practical, hassle-free stand you’ll find for miter saws or chop saws. Constructed of tubular steel with a powder-coated finish, This rugged yet lightweight saw stand can support up to 500 lbs. And is compatible with Miter saws up to 12 inches, including compound sliding saws.
- Cut out for convenience - setup is quick and simple, as the folding legs swing Under the center portion and are secured by pins that snap into position. Stand folds up for easy transport, storage and carrying from your vehicle to the worksite. Folded size is 43. 5" W x 20" D x 6. 5" H and Weighs only 30 lbs. Without a saw.
- Switch gears & mount add tools - quick-attach saw mounts allow for easy mounting of your saw, as well as other tools which you can switch around, set up and take down quickly – hardware is included. Additional mount sets sold separately offer a wider variety of tools that you can use with your PM-4000 stand.
- Makes the cut – our PM-4000 saw stand was specially designed to provide the ideal ergonomic working height of 36 inches, so professional contractors and day's can work safely and comfortably while making cuts with absolute precision and secure stability.
- Any way you cut it – Buy with confidence knowing that you are backed by our 1-year . If for any reason, you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, let US know, and we'll make it right.
What To Look For In The Best Miter Saw Stand
The first step is understanding what type of miter saw stand you are looking for. The common types of miter saw stands include:
- Compound miter saw stands – this is a diverse stand made of metal that comes on two legs. They are one of the sturdiest types of saw stands available and offer unique features.
- Rail miter stands – easily the most popular type of miter saw stand on the market, rail miter stands are portable due to their pull-out legs. They come on a horizontal rail and can be clamped in place literally anywhere along it.
- Traditional miter saw stands – this is the standard workbench that offers simplicity and durability together. It comes on a solid plank of wood connecting sawhorses which give you a good range of mobility.
- Table saw stands – the best choice for your tabletop saw. They are one of the most durable on the market, offering both legs and wheels for portability.
The type of miter saw you already have can determine what kind of saw stand is best for you. Each type of stand comes with its own purposes, functions, and advantages.
Features To Consider
Since each type of saw stand includes its own set of features and advantages, it’s critical to look at why each feature is important. That way you’ll know what features matter most to you for your DIY project.
I would recommend paying special attention to these features:
Will your miter saw stand hold up to the amount of work you’re doing on your project? There’s no point in spending money on a new miter saw stand if it won’t give you your money’s worth. The worst thing that can happen is your stand collapses underneath you while you’re in the middle of an important job. A durable stand should last you many years.
This goes hand in hand with durability. If your miter saw is unable to hold a lot of weight, it probably won’t work well in the long run. Make sure to look at the standard weight allowance of each particular product to see how much weight each stand can hold. You should be able to put a lot of weight on your stand without it being an issue.
Some miter saw stands have the capacity to hold a variety of miter saws. If you are a DIY expert, you likely have different saws for different projects. Rather than having to spend tons of money on a number of different stands, you can get one miter saw stand that will hold everything. Portability should also be taken into account; the best portable miter saw stand is one that can not only accommodate different saws but can be easily moved without breaking.
Who Makes The Best 12” Miter Saw Stand?
There are plenty of reliable brands and manufacturers that make sturdy stands for saws measuring 12” or under. Below, I want to review my top five favorite miter saw stands, and I will give reasons why each product and brand is reliable. It’s understandable that trying to find the best miter saw stand can be an overwhelming experience if you aren’t sure where to start looking. That is why I created this guide, to help you find the best miter saw stands that the market has to offer.
Among the reviews, there are some familiar names you may come across: DEWALT and Bosch, for example. I typically rely on these brands because they are consistently top-rated each year and continue to produce quality products that I would bet all of my money on.
Check out my top five picks for the best miter saw stands available today.