If you want to effectively get rid of food waste in the kitchen, garbage disposals are proven to be convenient. But figuring out what is the best garbage disposal out there can be challenging especially with a variety of options available. In fact, you might be plagued with questions like what is the best garbage disposal to buy and who makes the best garbage disposal. To help you with your search, we have reviewed five different models of garbage disposals. Read on to find out what is best brand of garbage disposal.
Why Invest In The Best Garbage Disposal
Over the years, we have become reliant on the garbage disposal as the workhorse of our busy kitchen. John Hammes invented garbage disposal in 1927. Ever since, the garbage disposal has remained steady in its design but has expanded in use. As a result, it has become a necessary machine in pretty much every kitchen.
The garbage disposal is installed under the sink and intends to gather solid food waste in a grinding chamber. In time you turn on the garbage disposal, a spinning disc or impeller plate turns intensely, pushing the food waste against the external wall of the grinding chamber. This eventually grinds the food into small bits and subsequently washed by water via holes in the chamber wall.
Although it might seem that all garbage disposals work the same, their features, capacity, and motor power make all the difference in their performance. Thus, we have detailed all the things you need to know below to help you in your search for what is the best garbage disposal.
- HIGH-SPEED MOTOR: The 1 HP, 2800 RPM (115v) permanent magnet motor is sound-insulated and jams less
- EASY INSTALLATION AND CLEANING: EZ Mount for a quick and easy kitchen sink installation, removable splashguard for easy cleaning
- 20 YEAR PROTECTION: 20-year Limited
- NO ELECTRICAL EXPERTISE NEEDED: Pre-installed power cord, no electrical work required.
- DURABILITY: Compact and lightweight garbage disposer with all stainless steel grind components.
- RELIABLE & EASY INSTALL: Badger Series disposers are a reliable & functional choice when affordability is the prime concern, and features a compact, space-saving design that fits existing InSinkErator hardware for a quick and easy install.
- DURABLE COMPONENTS: This garbage disposal features our exclusive 3/4 hp Dura-Drive Induction Motor and long lasting galvanized steel components to ensure a dependable grind for everyday food scraps.
- AMERICA'S #1 DISPOSER BRAND: There are more American-built InSinkErator garbage disposals in US homes than all other brands combined. A full line of models means there's one right for every need and budget.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
- PERMANENT MAGNET: Vortex motor technology quickly and powerfully grinds food scraps
- EASY-TO-INSTALL: Universal Xpress Mount fits Moen and most existing 3-bolt mounting assemblies
- PREINSTALLED POWER CORD saves installation steps and money over other models where cord must be purchased separately
- NOISE REDUCTION: Features SoundSHIELD, assuring exceptional noise reduction and quiet dependability
- COMPACT DESIGN: Lighter weight for easier installation and frees up valuable space under the sink
- Multigrind technology , with three grind stages to quickly grind virtually any food waste
- Soundseal technology which delivers ultra-quiet performance versus a standard disposer
- 40 oz
- Continuous feed allows for quick cleanup after meals
- Motor rotates at 1725 rpm for effective grinding
- Sound seal technology helps you maintain a quiet kitchen
- 3/4 horsepower motor
Factors To Consider When Buying The Best Garbage Disposal
Here are a few things to consider when buying the best garbage disposal:
The size of the motor is the most significant part to consider when buying garbage disposal. In particular, the motor size of garbage disposal is evaluated in horsepower or HP. The higher the HP you have, the more powerful and efficient your disposal will be. In case you are somewhat rough at your garbage disposal, you’ll need one with a higher HP.
The grinding chamber is the place where all the tough work occurs. In case you have a garbage disposal with a smaller motor, your grinding chamber will be relatively smaller, also. Some garbage disposals have stainless steel grinding chambers, which they guarantee to remain cleaner. However, stainless steel generally breaks, so ensure you do your research shelling out cash for stainless steel.
Let’s face it; no one wants the sound of a garbage disposal. However, there are a few garbage disposals that come with sound-sealing innovation to expel the harsh crushing sound. In case you need a quieter garbage disposal, you should get one with a bigger motor.
What Is The Best Way To Clean A Garbage Disposal
Cleaning your garbage disposal can help avert and expel foul scents, and some cleaning techniques can likewise help keep the kitchen drains clear. In case the kitchen sink starts emitting awful stenches, it’s a sure sign that the garbage disposal and drains could utilize some cleaning.
Notably, garbage disposals usually do an excellent job of cleaning themselves. In detail, they successfully grind the food particles and send them down the drain, so the chamber inside the disposal stays clean.
After some time, a stinky ooze will build upon the zones that don’t get cleaned by the grinding activity of the disposal. Particularly, these include the undersides of the rubber baffle at the drain opening and the smooth, sloped territory at the highest point of the grinding chamber.
Weekly cleaning can keep the garbage disposal clean and free of stinky smells. A soapy kitchen sponge is a popular choice. Also, ice and either rock salt or vinegar are incredible for cleaning garbage disposal. The ice scratches within the grinding chamber, dislodging any buildup.
In case the disposal extremely smell rancid, or you have attempted different cleaners and still get a foul smell, you can utilize a diluted bleach solution of two parts warm water and one part bleach.