Featured Image: Homegear Expert
The best battery powered weed eaters are going to clear unwanted shrubs from your yard and lawn fairly swiftly. These helpful outdoor garden tools keep pesky garden weeds away—regardless of where and when they grow. To enable you to keep your grass appearing its greatest all year round, we have pulled together a summary of the best battery operated weed eaters from brands like Ryobi, Greenworks, Black + Decker, and more. Let’s see which one is the best cordless weed eater in the market today.
- EXTENDED RUN TIME: 2 Speed Settings lets you choose more power or more runtime
- TURN TO EDGE: For both edging and trimming
- ADJUSTABLE: Ergonomic adjustable length pole to fit your height
- PUSH BUTTON FEED: Allows you to control the 0.080 inch twisted line feed with the push of a button
- EFFICIENCY: 13 inch cutting swath allows for added efficiency
- Converts from trimmer to wheeled edger; Line diameter 0.065 inch
- Power drive transmission for increased torque
- 2 speed control for more power or extended runtime. Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
- Easy feed allows you to advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- Part of the 20 Volt MAX System; 1 system endless tasks. Power for your style
- Gas-like performance with zero emissions. Line diameter: 0.080 inch
- Variable speed control delivers additional runtime and powerful versatility
- Innovative Command Feed spool system offers on-demand line feeding
- Professional-grade trimmer line handles the toughest tasks
- Long-lasting MAX Lithium power with battery indicator
- Makita-built motor delivers 7,800 RPM for faster cutting speed and performance
- Ergonomic design is well balanced with less weight (only 6.4 pounds with battery, sold separately)
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- Telescoping shaft allows the user to adjust the length of the tool from 48-1/2" to 56-1/2" for an optimum cutting position
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Attachment capable, accepts most gas attachments to provide mulitple use
- Brushless motor delivers greater torque, quieter operation and higher battery efficiency
- Starts within seconds with gas comparable performance, battery compatible with multiple tools
- Battery and Charger include. Compatible with battery models 29462 and 29472 and charger 29482
- Compatible GreenWorks Replacement bulk string, Model 2906302
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- Gear drive design of the edger/trimmer powers through tough overgrowth
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the cordless grass trimmer maximizes run time and motor life
- Lawn trimmer provides 15-inch cutting swath with 0.080-inch line (also accepts 0.095 inch)
- Variable speed trigger with Hi/Lo speed control for added power or extended run time
- Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arms
Types Of Cordless Weed Eater
Weed eaters could be powered in two ways: either by gas or electric. A battery weed eater Home Depot is a lot more eco-friendly than a gas option. It is also much quieter and less messy because you do not need to top it up with gas to power it. Corded models are amazing if you’ve got a particularly big area that requires clearing as there’s no end for their run time. It’ll motor on as long as you want it to. But cordless electric weed eaters have their advantages as well. Cordless options are perfect for those that have to go further afield to rid persistent backyard weeds. Furthermore, it means you don’t need to worry about the cable’s length and getting plugged right into a socket.
When looking for the best electric weed eaters, be aware of how effective your selected gadget is. In case you have a wide area of garden space that has to be pruned, you want to ensure your cordless weed eater can deal with it. In addition, take note of the cutting stance of your cordless weed eater. The broader the cutting stance, the more weeds it can clip at any time.
Cordless Weed Eater Vs. Corded
Corded electric weed eaters offer you frequent and constant energy without needing to recharge your machine. They’re quite often much lighter also as they have not received the added weight of a battery. However, corded weed eaters do not give you as much freedom to get into the furthest area in your backyard. In many cases, corded models call for buying an extension lead–especially in case you’ve got a lengthy and large yard to clear.
Cordless electric weed eaters provide much more mobility. You are able to travel wide and far to get rid of your weeds with this particular kind of battery powered weed eater since a cable does not restrict you. However, cordless, electrically charged weed eaters can usually be heavier than their corded counterparts. That is since they’ve got the extra weight of the chargeable battery. Some cordless options also have a very long battery charge time, so be wary of that. Additionally, if you forget to charge the battery again before using your cordless weed eater, that could be a pain. As a result of the fact you’re operating on battery—instead of mains power—you, in addition, have a cap for your cutting time.
Key Features To Consider When Choosing A Cordless Weed Eater
When searching for the best cordless string trimmer, take note of the design, power choices, string functions, and warranty. For example, the grass trimmers we reviewed are cordless, and batteries are a great convenience but they do not last forever. A corded trimmer might be a good match for a tiny yard. The following considerations are going to help you choose the very best battery string trimmer for your yard.
Trimmer Design Of Cordless Weed Eater
Because you’ll be carrying all over the cordless weed eater, its overall weight is an important consideration. We compared how heavy the lawn trimmers are, and if they’ve got an adjustable shaft length for additional, customizable comfort. A dedicated edging angle makes it easier to have a precise cut against sidewalks without needing to keep your trimmer at an unusual, uncomfortable angle.
Straight-shaft battery powered weed trimmers allow you to stand away from what you’re cutting, which will keep you safer. Safety is crucial, so we also looked to determine if the trimmers we reviewed contain products that prevent cords from being in the way and if the starter switch is protected from accidentally starting.
Power And Battery Of Cordless Weed Eater
One of the most crucial items to think about when buying an electric-powered string trimmer is whether it has the capability to complete the job that you require. We looked for weed whackers that have very high amps for corded models and high voltage electric batteries for cordless ones. The more strength a battery weed trimmer has, the tougher the weeds and grass it can deal with. We reviewed and compared cordless and corded electric string trimmers and discovered that regardless of the energy supply, you can trim efficiently if you select a trimmer with enough strength.
When selecting between a cordless and corded weed eater, think about the work type you want the trimmer to do & the size of your property. Purchasing a trimmer that involves an extension cable limits your mobility, but that might not be a concern in case you’ve got a little backyard. The benefit of utilizing a cord is you do not need to be worried about the battery slowly dying and having to be changed. Nevertheless, a cordless trimmer gives you limitless mobility, so it is likely the most effective choice in case you’ve a sizable yard or have to trim in a remote location.
String Features Of Cordless Weed Eater
We searched for trimmers that are not hard to restring and have excellent line feed capabilities. The breadth of the cutting path is likewise essential to think about if you pick an electric powered trimmer. Search for a cordless grass trimmer with a cutting path broad enough to clean huge areas with every sweep, yet narrow enough that you can use it in tight spaces. The typical cutting path is 13.5 inches wide.
Warranty And Support
The industry-standard warranty for electronic powered string trimmers is one year. We looked for trimmers that met or exceeded the standard. The makers of the greatest electric string trimmers offer repair or service store locations and email or phone support. A downloadable owner handbook is available in handy if you eventually drop your print copy and search for a part and procedure. This is important for maintaining your cordless weed eater.
Is Cordless Weed Eater Any Good?
Yes, a cordless weed eater is worth it. Electric weed wackers are a lot more economical compared to their gas counterparts since when you’ve bought the cordless weed eater, you do not have to worry about purchasing gas to top it up with. The absence of gas makes cordless weed wacker less messy to deal with and more eco-friendly—that is surely a plus. Electric weed wackers are recognized to be more peaceful, with many working at around 80-90-dB. This is the similar sound of a mower. A lot of the best power weed wackers in the marketplace today might appear little, but they pack a punch. These green pieces of gardening kit will have their limitations, however. It is well worth noting that gas weed wackers will usually be more effective since they include an engine. This will give you enough power to deal with the most mammoth of gardening tasks. And, based on whether you select a corded or cordless eater, you’ll be limited to either your cutting time or reach.
After exploring a huge selection of cordless weed eaters, I will confidently state that my preferred choice is definitely the DEWALT DCST970X1. I have it and use it all the time—it’s yet to bring me down. I believe, it is the best cordless weed eater available on the market.
It might not be the ideal option for you personally, so make sure you read through my buyers guide thoroughly to help pick one that suits your criteria.