Featured Image: Wirecutter
A break-in or fire could easily go from dreadful to disastrous if important documents like Social Security cards, birth certificates, and passports are taken and damaged. The best fireproof safes provide a minimum of 30 minutes of fire protection and the strength to keep thieves out. They’re also a great way to organize and safely keep the most sensitive info in your house. If you’re looking for the best home safe for sale, you’re in luck because today, we are reviewing not just one but seven best security fireproof home safes.
- Fireproof safe is UL Classified to endure 1 hour at 1700°F and keep interior temperatures safe for irreplaceable documents, valuables, DVDs, and USBs; ETL Verified to withstand a 15 foot fall during a fire and remain closed
- Waterproof safe is ETL Verified for 24 hours of protection in water up to 8 inches deep offering peace of mind in the event of a flood
- Set your own digital combination fire safe with secondary locking key for strong security; digital combination safe features four live-locking bolts, steel construction, pry-resistant hinge bar, locking drawer, interior light, and bolt down hardware
- Exterior: 16.3 in. W x 19.3 in. D x 17.8 in. H; door requires 14.75 in. of clearance to fully open; Interior: 12.6 in. W x 11.9 in. D x 13.8 in. H; large 1.23 cubic foot capacity; weighs 86.69 pounds
- For optimal performance, SentrySafe recommends the use of four high-quality, name branded, alkaline AAA batteries with an expiration date of 8-10 years from the current year.
- 2-Hour fire rated at 1850°F (1010°C) 2- Layers of Steel (Steel inner walls and door, NOT PLASTIC) -- (2)Active rectangular locking bolt for more surface strength
- (1) Removable/adjustable shelf and (1) slide out drawer - (2) Stationary Rectangular Locking Bolts On Hinge Side--(4) Reprogrammable user codes (4-16) digit combination electronic Keypad
- PLEASE READ BEFORE PURCHASING: Undeliverable to New York with zip codes beginning in (100-104) & (110-119), some remote areas such as islands, areas accessible only by toll bridge or ferry service, union states, etc. Please contact us to verify. THIS PRODUCT IS SHIPPED BY TRACTOR TRAILER. Please read over shipping details to prevent delivery issues. Contact us for questions and/or other delivery options.
- SEE MORE IN-DEPTH DETAILS ON THIS PAGE BELOW ADVERTISEMENTS
- Ready-Seal safe protects valuables from fire, water, and theft even when bolted down
- 0.94-cubic foot capacity offers plenty of storage space for files, electronics, and more
- Fire-resistant design withstands temperatures of up to 1700 degrees F for up to 1 hour
- Waterproof seal keeps contents dry even when safe is submerged
- Pry-proof concealed hinges deter thieves and resist crowbar entry
- 1.2-cubic-foot fire-resistant safe for protecting important documents and other valuables from theft and fire
- Complies with modified UL 72 Standard for Safety Tests for Fire Resistance of Record Protection Equipment for 20 minutes at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit tested by Intertek
- Durable 14-gauge heavy-duty steel body construction; 5 large 0.75-inch bolts for superior security
- Programmable electronic keypad provides quick and easy access; includes back-up key for emergency use
- Adjustable shelf optimizes storage space; backed by an Amazon Basics limited 1-year warranty
- Molded chests – Fire safe waterproof with carry handle
- Features - important letter and A4 size documents can both lie flat and be protected from fire and flood with this sturdy safe with handle
- Quality made – this fire safe box has a 30 minute UL fire protection rating up to 1550°F/843°C
- Secure - Waterproof: 100 hour waterproof seal is verified to keep contents dry, even when submerged 39-in/1-m underwater
- Size - Interior dimensions- 3.7-in H x 13.1-in W x 8.5-in D; The exterior dimensions are 6.6 in H x 16.0 in w x 12.6 in D; capacity is 0.24 Cu feet
- STRONG & SECURE: The safe box is made of reinforced solid steel wall construction. Dual security steel door locking bolts & a corrosion & stain resistant powder coat finish keeps the drop box safe
- EASY TO ACCESS: The safe document box gives you easy personal access to your valuables with the mechanical override function. The safe lock box includes two keys for manual access
- EASY TO INSTALL: The home safe box has pre-drilled holes for wall or floor mounting. Includes mounting bolts, and four AA batteries to control the battery operated digital panel
- FINGER SENSOR TECHNOLOGY: The combination of the safe box features a digital touch screen control pad for added security. Users must use their thumb finger & should make sure the finger they use is dry & scar free
- PROTECT YOUR ASSETS: The safe box is perfect for protecting guns, documents, jewelry, etc. Great for home, office or business use
- 【Robust Construction】:Made of highly thick steel material for long lasting and reliable protection; Besides,it is equipped with Four 1- inch solid live-locking bolts to provide enough security
- 【Interior】:The 1.34-cubic feet-internal volume with removable shelf allows you to load enough handguns,cash, jewelry, documents(A4 SIZE without fold);The soft inner layer prevents your valuables from scratches or damages; (External size: 15 x12.6 x 18.9 inch; Internal size: 14.1 x 9.4 x 17.5 inch)
- 【Digital Lock With Manual Override】:Password plus key setting offer double securities for your valuables;Password can be changed indefinitely; 2 override keys for emergency case (such as keypad power failure), for this reason, pls make sure to hide your emergency key in a safe place
- 【High-Security Safes】: Dual alarm warning system--- Violent vibration or Three- incorrect entries can activate the alarm system;Enter the correct code, the alarm will be deactivated;Record checking---the system will record every correct password entry ( max 35 records) for easy monitoring your safe
- 【Great for Home Safe, Hotel Safe, Office Safe,Personal Safe】:The safe with an extremely high level of anti-theft function, the well-designed cabinet and classic colors will perfectly match the decoration style of your home, hotel or office, becoming one of your stylish furniture
What To Consider When Selecting The Best Home Safe
Fire and theft are one of the top home security issues. Some safes protect better than others. And then there are those safes which protect from both. Water damage is yet another problem at the top of homeowner’s minds, and you will find safes that provide some water resistance on top of their protective capacities. What you want to keep safe and what or who you wish to defend it from can help you figure out the appropriate locking mechanism, capability, and fire rating on your safe.
Key lock: Simple and plain describes these locking mechanisms. Nonetheless, you need to keep an eye on the key. If it is stored in the home together with the safe, it might get damaged in a fire or be discovered by burglars.
Mechanical combination lock: There is no key management involved with a mechanical lock mixture, nor do you need to stress about a dead battery or electronic malfunction. Some mechanical locks have a key lock that can be used in an emergency. Nevertheless, you are more restricted in combination choices with a mechanical combination lock.
Electronic combination lock: These locks features more password choices, and you do not have to be concerned about losing the key. Nevertheless, some models require periodic battery changes. Like mechanical locks, a few electric combination locks have a security key if you forget the code.
Biometric lock: Biometric locks utilize retina scan or fingerprint to open the safe. You don’t need to memorize a code or keep a key. Many may have a key as a backup safety measure.
Most safes are produced of heavy steel sheets. The sheets, which may be various centimeters thick, offer the safe its heavy weight. Nevertheless, these are not just any sheets of steel. Safes contain plates made out of both mild steel and hard steel. Heat can lead to hard plates to crack, subjecting the contents to hot temperatures. Mild steel warps instead of cracking, defending the contents while temperatures rise.
Fire safes can also be designed with a layer made from a non-conductive composite material which inhibits the interior temperature from rising for 30 to 120 minutes. Fire-resistant insulation is also frequently used to help keep those interior temps down.
Nevertheless, steel is not the sole substance utilized to make fireproof safes. Various resins and ABS plastic are utilized as well. These two substances are lighter weight and are used to create smaller, more lightweight safes.
Size and Capacity
Start your hunt for a fire proof safe by creating a summary of what you would like to put in the safe. If you’ve got precious jewelry or other irreplaceable things, a bank lockbox has the best protection. Passports, Social Security cards, birth certificates, insurance policies, and tax returns are important documents that can present a concern if lost to fire or theft.
Check out your list and ensure the jewelry safe will hold almost everything on it. For instance, firearms take up far more space than DVDs or documents.
Size, in addition, plays a role in the area where you can place the safe. Bigger safes are tougher to hide and much easier to identify. When you would like to keep the safe hidden, consider a tony model that more quickly fits in a closet, crawl area, or under floorboards. Remember that little safes are susceptible to theft if they are not hidden.
Fire and UL Ratings
In fact, no safe is 100% fireproof. Safes are fire-resistant up to a specific temperature and for a particular amount of time.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL) evaluates safes and provides a fire rating. Two things are indicated by these ratings—the optimum temperature at which the safe can have a safe interior temperature and how long the safe can keep that temperature.
The interior temp determines the types of substances the safe could protect. For instance, the inside of a paper document safe should not get hotter than 350 degrees. Anything beyond that, and the paper will burn off. Nevertheless, electronics might not have the ability to withstand temperatures of over 125 to 150 degrees.
The UL rating also shows how long the safe can keep that interior temperature. Most home fireproof safes provide a minimum of 30 minutes of protection. This might not seem long, but most fires move through an area in under 20 minutes. For extra peace of mind, nonetheless, several safes provide as many as 120 minutes of fire safety.
Waterproof safes point out how long they can defend their contents from water, along with the depth at which they can keep that protection. Most resist water for around 24 hours, but many could provide as much as 72 hours of water safety in water that is 8 to 40 inches deep. Nevertheless, in case you reside in a flood-prone region, it is advisable to keep the contents of the safe in waterproof bags, whether the safe is ranked for water protection or not.
Some safes also supply humidity resistance that may guard items or documents hypersensitive to subtle climate changes.
Usability features include weight, display visibility, and the safe’s general portability. LED displays are a lot easier to spot in dim conditions. Considering that safes are usually stored in the dark, protected areas, a simple display can make the safe even more functional.
Some safes are lightweight with a side or top handle for easy carrying. These small safes could weigh 25 to 30 pounds. Others weigh more than 100 pounds and would take two people to move.
Tips For Buying And Utilizing The Best Home Safe
The things you wish to defend, your available room, and the threats from what you need to protect your items will assist you in figuring out the proper safety for you. Here are a few additional suggestions to help you locate the perfect safe and make use of it to its greatest advantage.
- Keep the safe above ground level (not inside a basement) to reduce the chances of water damage in the course of a flood.
- The first level of a multistory house offers the greatest protection from fire.
- Safes that come with a bolting system are made to be connected to the floor or exterior wall for additional security.
- Don’t keep the safe in plain sight. As part of a comprehensive strategy to maintain your house and its contents protected, place your safe in a location that is hidden or inconspicuous.
- Search for a safe that is “ETL verified” or “UL listed.” These labels suggest that they have been evaluated and passed third-party scrutiny.
This best fireproof and waterproof safe is from SentrySafe, a business specializing in producing safes of various builds.
The SentrySafe Fireproof and Waterproof Safe are UL Classified to withstand an hour of exposure to 1,700 degrees Fahrenheit of high heat, always keeping the files inside it secure and in average temperature.
It’s also ETL Verified waterproof safe for 24 hours of defense from water up to 8-inch deep. It features a preset dial combination and a secondary locking key to make sure everything is secured. The item features steel construction, and it is pry-resistant.