Drilling small holes. Boring large holes into a thick piece of hardwood. Driving some fasteners into wood or sheet metal. These are some of the common uses for drill bits.
There’s no doubt that drill bits are indispensable tools for weekend warriors and professionals alike. They are available in a variety of sizes, materials, and shapes. They are amazingly versatile and can be used to drill holes into wood, plastic, and metal.
Buying a drill bit set to replace your broken ones might seem like a very easy and straightforward task, but there’s a lot of factors to consider before you choose the best one for your application. Things like drill bit material, finish, flute length, and more.
In this article, we’re going to discuss the things you need to look for when choosing the perfect set of drill bits for your home or your jobsite. We’ve also assembled some of the best drill bit sets available online so you already have a head start even before you visit your favorite online or local store.
- INNOVATIVE: The Bosch HCK001 Drill Bit Set features patent pending, optimized 4-flute design to reduce bit stress when drilling, keep the bit running cooler, and for fast dust removal
- LONGEVITY: Bosch-made, carbide-tipped bit heads are harder, tougher and more resistant and durable to extreme loads for longer tool life and faster performance in masonry
- VERSATILE: Set includes one of each HC2010, HC2040, HC2051, HC2061, HC2081, and two HC2041 for handling a wide variety of heavy-duty drilling applications including concrete, brick, block and more
- RELIABLE: Unique wear marks alert when tips of bits wear beyond ANSI specification while the centric tip ensures quick starts and rounder holes
- PORTABLE: The included Brute Tough Storage Case allows for easy access, organizing and portability
- Titanium Pilot Point for Longer Life
- Starts on contact for cleaner holes
- No spin shanks
- Tapered web provides greater durability to reduce breaking
- HSS Titanium Coating - Classic HSS construction with titanium coating for capability and durability. The cutting edge is hardened and honed for sharpness, chatter-free design with staggered cutting teeth ensure the precise countersinking and hole smooth clean.
- Flutes Form - 2 flutes form helps clear chips and debris away from the bit, decreasing friction and heat for a faster, cooler drilling process.
- Quick Change - 1/4 inch hex shank fits into all power tools more easily and securely, specially for locking into quick change chuck. We also offer a quick-change adapter to better quick change.
- Meet Your Demands - Great drill bits set for metal/wood/plastic countersink. Suitable for Home DIY, and General Building/Engineering Use.
- Organized Holder - This 30-piece set includes 29 drill bits and 1 quick-change adapter. A drill bits holder with size index is included in the set for easy storage and organizing. Sizes include 5/64", 3/32", 7/64", 1/8", 9/64", 5/32", 11/64", 3/16", 13/64", 7/32", 15/64", 1/4", 17/64", 9/32", 19/64", 5/16", 21/64", 11/32", 23/64", 3/8", 25/64", 13/32", 27/64", 7/16", 29/64", 15/32", 31/64", 1/2".
- Titanium nitride (TiN) coating lasts 2.5x longer than non-coated bits
- 135 degree split point geometry for faster starts and reduced walking
- Impact rated: For use in 1/4 inches Hex impact drivers
- For drilling holes in ferrous metal, wood, plastic, non-ferrous metal, cast iron and stainless steel
- Maximum speed and life in stainless steel and other hard metals
- Pilot Point tip starts on contact for clean, accurate holes and reduces lock-up on breakthrough
- Industrial-strength cobalt for optimum life and durability in metal
- Heavy-duty case made from industrial-grade ABS material
- 14 bits ranging from 1/16-inch to 3/8-inch
- Solid Cobalt M42 Steel
- 135 Degree Split Point Prevents "walking"
- Tri Flat Shank - 3 Flat Sides on Shank Prevents "Spin" in the Chuck
- 1/16 to 1/2" by 1/32nds Includes Steel Case with Pop Up Tiers
- Lifetime Warranty
- Premium high-speed steel withstands extended drilling in tough materials
- Black and gold oxide finish provide maximum corrosion resistance
- 135-degree split-point tip starts drilling immediately with less force and eliminates “walking” across the work surface
- Metal index case for easy bit access and identification. Includes drill bit sizes 1/16- to 1/2-inch in 1/64-inch increments